We always have a big KFC dinner night, this year it was Wednesday. The kids were waiting and waiting all day to go to the mountains, Mike got off work about 3 and it was finally time to go. We all had a great time! What was I so worried about-a little dirt is fun for all!
Lilly loved it.
Jack as usual was off in the forest playing.
Lilly was eating everything and anything on the ground. My Aunt Marilyn looked at me concerned when she ate a piece of taffy, not so much the taffy but more that Lilly's hands were so black! I laughed and said she's ok she is my 4th child after all. Isn't eating dirt a vitamin deficiency? Maddy was a great helper and toddled around after Lilly a lot of the night so I could chit chat with my cousins.
Wilson came too. Jack was trying to play catch with him but Wilson wouldn't drop the ball.
Lilly loves to be on top of things.
After dinner, Jen noticed that Bryce was missing. I thought, hmm, havent' seen Lexi for a while myself. Lexi and Bryce and 5 other cousins decided they wanted to go to the park and play mini golf. They walked all the way down the dirt road and were on the road heading there when Jeffrey saw them and made them come back. YIKES! The oldest was 7. So glad Jeffrey was out riding his bike.
We stayed til dark and then rushed home to watch the neighbors fireworks only to be highly disappointed when we learned he did all his fireworks on the 4th this year. I am way to cheap to spend my money and watch it fly in the air so we watched other peoples money fly into the air from a distance. Luckily Jack said it was ok, he had been counting down all week to watch Glades fireworks.
We had so much fun at East Canyon that I convinced Mike it would be even funner to go camping on Friday night. He wasn't so sure but said he would go on one condition, if he could make a dutch oven dessert. SOLD! When he went to scout camp, he had 3 dutch ovens going and made a tasty meal. He recreated the dessert for us we all enjoyed peach cobbler that night.
We arrived and immediately the kids were off to playing and having a great time. Maddy and Josie and Michelle hopped on these rocks all night and then the next morning.
Lexi and Makenzi were good buddies too. They even look a lot alike, same blue hazy eyes and mischievous smile in addition to a layer of dirt on their face!
Not far from us we saw Bambi.
Julie and Jacob chilling at camp.
Jack waiting for it to get dark to roast marshmallows!
We did pretty good camping. Mike was a trooper and set the tent and air mattresses up. He had a work out because it was still very hot! We also brought a pack n play for Lilly to sleep in. When the sun went down it started to cool off, but not too bad. It was perfect actually! The city has been so hot.
I attempted to get Lexi and Lilly asleep about 10 but they were not interested. I tried again at 11 when the rest the crew came to bed. Lexi was still jumping on the air mattress, Lilly fell asleep in my arms. We finally all dozed off to sleep, although Lilly woke up about 5, I thought she might be cold because her zipper on her jammies broke and her barn door was wide open. I pulled her on top of me to warm her up. Then I suddenly felt wet. Her diaper wasn't on and she was soaked and so was I! I was prepared and had one other warm outfit, although striping her didn't make her happy. She cried for a while. And when you sleep in a tent everyone hears everything! She was awake for a while, probably because it was light outside. We all went back to sleep and woke up to pitter patter on the tent about 8:30. It didn't last long but got us moving that morning. The rain started again just as we were finishing breakfast; we all worked hard to get things cleaned up and loaded the car. We were gone by 10:30.
Mike said it was a lot of fun. His dessert was yummy! Lexi told everyone that Lilly cried all night, apparently she forgot she jumped on the mattress while Lilly was sleeping. Maddy had so much fun with her 2nd cousins and it was so fun to catch up with my cousins whom I see twice a year. Everyone knows Jack, he's named after my Grandpa Price. He had a great time too. Thanks Grandma for getting us together. Can't wait for next year already!
4 comments:
What a fun camping trip. And don't diapers always leak at the worst possible times. Glad you got to go up for a night.
Oh, yay, for getting a night there. It didn't take Brent long to figure out that one night was just too much work for a camping trip, but some of our one nighters have left the best memories. Maybe because for one night it seems like you can get away with staying up way late and seeing the stars, and watching the campfire die down. Love the dirt on the faces. What a great time for the kids to spend with their cousins.
I am not a huge fan of camping either but I endure it once a year because even though the whole time I am there I want to go home and shower, when I look back I always realize what great memories we made. The smiles on you kids tell me that it was worth it. I can't believe those independent little ones who thought they could head off on a golf adventure alone. How funny.
Man, this makes me want to go camping. Looks like a blast. Love it when you don't have to worry about letting the kids get dirty- it's just all about having fun and making memories.
Post a Comment