Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Fun

I guess when you get old...er work is thing to do on your birthday. Mike said his birthday would have just been a regular day except that we celebrated after work. He did go to lunch with Dan. It has been wonderful to have Dan in town and get to see him!
 
Mike choose The Pie for dinner but they do not serve Pie they serve Pizza and pizza they do great! He wanted the Hawaii-O. It was so yummy, the cheese was stretchy and the crust (my fav of the pizza) was cooked just right along with the Canadian bacon and pineapple. Mmm! We celebrated with Dan and Bill and Stephanie and family.
 
Here are some pictures of our crazy night.
The kids are crazy with the exception of Maddy, she as usual just stayed by the adults. She also didn't feel very good, not sure why.
 
Here's Mike taking a bite of his dinner. I meant to put a candle in his pizza, he didn't get a cake this year (it was his request although I didn't complain). Maddy's birthday was just 17 days earlier and we still had leftover cake in the freezer, we celebrated Great Grandpa's birthday on Saturday, we had a big Loveridge dinner Sunday with chocolate cake, his birthday, his nieces birthday the next day followed by Grandpa's real birthday the following day-we were all caked out. So I got our of baking him a cake--even tho I had a yummy Oreo cake from Pinterest on my mind. I'll make it another time!  

 The kids ran here and there at the restaurant. We ate upstairs and had the place to our selves, good thing because the kids were crazy as usual. Karsyn (who's Bday is today) didn't want to smile for the picture, so I asked Lexi to be grumpy like Karsyn.
 And then got a cheesier smile from her!
 Lilly loved the bread sticks dipped in ranch and of course the cheese on her pizza.
 
 Dan wouldn't look at me, so I got a profile shot instead.
 Steph and Bill--he also loved the pizza!
 Kamryn and Jack giving Mike the rooster tails.
I loved how the kids were lined up on the bench and thought it would be a great cousin picture. I really didn't want Mike front and center but he didn't move but it didn't really matter any way because the kids were so here and there we didn't really get a picture anyway.
 It actually was quite comical. And if you look at the rest of the pictures you'll probably start laughing too!


 After pizza, we headed outside to eat cupcakes (leftover from Sunday) I did go to One Sweet Slice and buy Mike a gourmet cupcake but we were all pretty stuffed from dinner so he saved it. The kids found a giant water fountain and tried to stay dry but all ended up a little wet after all istn' water tempting! We came home and opened gifts. Mike recently purchased his own gift an Atari so I told him I wasn't going to buy him anything. I felt bad all he had was socks as his birthday present so I went shopping and found a couple other things he needed to go with his socks. (Dr. Pepper--which he told me to take back, a shirt, jeans and cashews).


On a side note, the school called and Jack fell down and practically broke his crown. YIKES, the bonk on the back of his head was huge. He fell at PE, heart attack when the school nurse called me, they called Mike also to tell us to watch for signs of a concussion. Geez, luckily, he was fine although we never found Jill.  
 Lexi helped Mom wrap the presents and helped Dad unwrap them. She is such a character. It took all her efforts not to tell Mike what his gifts were!
Happy Birthday Mike.

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Thanks for making it a special night for him Makinzee. You're awesome. Yes!!!! I laughed and laughed and laughed at the cousin photos. Maybe it's ok we'll never get one with them all standing still and looking at the camera. It just wouldn't look real!

Stephanie said...

I laughed again looking at the crazy cousin pics! Such a fun fun week!