Tuesday, October 15, 2013

18 months

I've enjoyed the time off from doing monthly blog posts about Lilly and fluffy the bunny but also realize I don't pay attention to the things she is doing and need to write it down so I can remember. I also don't document all the cute and naughty things she does! She is officially 18 months old. Sigh, where has the last 18 months gone. Just a couple things about Lilly.

Lilly loves her blanket and her kitty. She wakes up and wants out of her crib and she wants these 2 to come with her also. She carts them all over the house. She loves to give her kitty kisses and she loves you to also give her kitty kisses. That blessed cat is well loved!

Her hair is terrible. She was born with dark hair--the most of any of my kids. It ALL fell out and now is blond and straight and hopeless. It is very thin in the front and hardly long. She has a rats nest in the back from sleeping on her head. It is always snarly. This week I tried curling her hair out to a flip. It looked very cute until she woke up from a nap and it was terrible! Oh well. She is loved even if she has nappy hair most of the time.
She is a mommy's girl. This week I was helping at school for the Reflections contest and she came with me, she was pathetic. Crying at my feet, wanting me to hold her, be right in the action and in the way at the same time, she has a constant love for me and anything I'm doing. She doesn't like to leave my side. She is my side kick! Someone told me it was because she is my baby and the way to solve that problem is to have another! Haha.

She chooses when she wants to speak. Of course she has her gibberish talk but she can say words. I believe she is a thinker--maybe Lexi got all the talk genes--she definitely always has been a talker:) She thinks about words and saying words and sometimes does say things but usually she is just an observer. Although she loves to say hi to daddy--that is her favorite word right now. She greats him just about anytime she sees him. She is talking more than last week, so I guess she is learning.


She loves her brother and sisters. She loves to go in Maddy's room and dump out anything and everything she can especially her book shelf. She loves to go in Jack's room and play with his trash packs ok and eat them also. She plays peek a boo under the table with Lexi at any and all meals. She follows Lexi wherever she goes, Lexi loves having a sister also.

I just love this coat! It was Maddy's, a gift from Grammie, Lilly is helping me get good use out of all my girl hand-me-downs, and yikes I apparently have a shopping fetish because I have a lot of clothes except no warm 18-24 month clothes. Guess it's time to go shopping! She is also little, all of Lexi's hand me downs (and keep in mind they were both born in March) are too big and drown Lilly. She is little, she has little short legs but a long torso. 


She loves shoes! She thinks if she has her shoes on we can go somewhere. She is usually pretty good and will stay in the cart if we are shopping. If I say the word "go" she grabs her shoes and my purse and carries them both towards me so she can go with. She also loves to wear other peoples shoes. She loves the dress up shoes and any shoes that are at the front door (kids usually leave shoes there when they come in). When I get ready in the bathroom, she is constantly trying on my shoes that are in my closet.

Lexi watches cartoons before school and almost always we watch the Cat in the Hat. He sings a song that says "we are go go go going on an adventure" Lilly loves to sing a long "go" with it. She also loves to dance. She loves music. She also loves Taylor Swift esp her oooh's.

She shuts everything and anything. I was getting in the shower and she shut the door on my foot that wasn't quite in the shower, she closes drawers even tho you are still in them, she opens and closes the drawers on dressers, she also loves to shut the doors in the house. Last week she shut herself in the hallway while I was in Maddy's room, I didn't know Mike had already gone downstairs so she was in the hall that was dark.  She has shut herself in the bathroom also--although she found playing in the toilet (Because she can open and shut the toilet lid) was fun! So we now keep the bathroom door shut!

My new calling is in the nursery, Lilly loves mom being close to my side. She usually ends up sitting on my lap the last little bit because she is so tired, church ends at 2 and she usually naps around 12:30-1.  One week, Mike picked her up and she feel asleep on his shoulder.

She loves to carry a drink by her side (or 2 or 3), she looks almost like a quarterback carrying a football except it is Lilly carrying a sippy cup.


She's is my little sidekick. She always wants to know what I'm doing and sit in on the action. She loves playing with animals and the Little People toys. This weekend, she had a fever and an ear infection. She didn't feel good and sat on my lap for 2 days, now I have a lovely cold.
 
Lilly got into my lip gloss today. She looks beautiful don't you think. We had a well check today. She is growing great. 31.5 in 34% for height, 22lb 8 oz46% for weight and her head is 48.5 cm 94% proof that she's all brains:) Maddy was with us and Lilly held on tight to the whole check up to Maddy. The Doctor was so impressed with both girls-Maddy is a great great big sister.
 
Lilly loves to play peek a boo, she is a fast runner and is getting comfortable leaving my side and especially fast at running down the street, she still loves to stand in the middle of the street but understands when I tell her "sidewalk" and goes there, she loves anyone to chase her, she loves giving kisses and gives great hugs, she loves turning off lightswitches and usually gets to stay up a little late at night with mom and dad unil Lexi falls asleep. She is definately a keeper! We just love her to pieces.
 



3 comments:

Julie L said...

Love that charmer, too! The pictures of her with her blankie and kittie crack me up. And the lip gloss? Great job, Lilly. Such pretty colors!

Seth and Julie said...

They should not have put you in Nursery right when your baby was turning 18 months. So cruel! My baby is headstrong and naughty and people told me to have one more to cure her of that but then I would just have another one that was headstrong and naughty so clingy isn't too bad. Also, she has WAY more hair than any of my kids had at 18 months so it could be worse. She also has a whole mouthful of teeth! My kids were bald and toothless and looked like little old men until they were 2. Poor things. Lilly looks like she is as sweet as can be and I love that age where they are starting to talk. So fun!

Cam said...

I could see you with 5! Go for it!