Monday, October 28, 2013

More Sojo pics

Zazoosh took some pictures of the Sojo race, I just had to share them with you. The quality is terrible because I took a picture with my phone and then uploaded them but I do not plan on buying them just wanted to share a laugh or two with you along with some stats and updates from the Marathon.

These pictures are taken within the first mile of the race. My friend Kami in the bright orange noticed the camera along with the girl on the end. I didn't notice the cameras at all!



I am looking at Kami now wondering what on earth she is smiling and posing for!
And then the end of the race, I still didn't notice the cameras. For more pictures of me check out this  LINK because OF course you'd want to see more.

PS I'm not pregnant just have a running pooch apparently!

But Kami did!! This was one of 5 pictures of Kami posing. Thanks for the laughs Kami, next race I will try and pose with you.


In my age group 35-39, I placed #18 and overall I placed #191 at 2:01:15. Still no deduction in time for the extra 1/2 mile we ran but that's ok. I am excited about my results. According to my app MapMyRun my average pace was 8:53min/mile. My mile stats were.
1 mi09:33 min/mi9:33
2 mi08:54 min/mi8:54
3 mi08:32 min/mi8:31
4 mi08:51 min/mi8:50
5 mi08:24 min/mi8:21
6 mi08:28 min/mi8:28
7 mi08:59 min/mi8:59
8 mi09:06 min/mi9:05
9 mi08:47 min/mi8:46
10 mi08:37 min/mi8:37
11 mi08:50 min/mi8:49
12 mi08:51 min/mi8:50
13 mi09:01 min/mi9:01
Not sure which mile was Temple Hill but I beat my personal time by 26 seconds, it is the hill that goes up to the Oquirh Mountain Temple. I remember the first several times I went running, I didn't even attempt running I only walked the hill. Now it is one of my favorite places to go running. I felt fine Saturday  after the race except for the "runners runs" even tho I burned 1518 calories I couldn't eat at all Saturday, it would go right through me and my stomach hurt so bad. I am not sure if it was nerves, me or eating too many GU's. Maybe all of the above. I took a hot bath after the race which I've heard was not good. I should have iced. Oops, maybe that is why I coulnd't move for several days without walking like I was 9 months pregnant and in pain!

I took Mike out running last week, we are attempting to wake up at 6:30 and exercise together. Some days are better than others but I am 110% positive that exercising with a friend is the way to go. So Mike you now are my early morning friend and better get use to it (and be happy about it~He is not a morning person)!

5 comments:

Julie L said...

He will get used to it. I love that he's going with you even if he complains. I hope you have neon striped running clothes to wear, though. It's just way dark that early now. Love the photos, and Kami's poses. How fun! Great stats!

Seth and Julie said...

The poses are too funny but the natural ones of you look like an ad so that is pretty fun too.

Unknown said...

Awesome job!!!!! Proud of you for running that race! I don't know if I could ever run a marathon!

Kami said...

You are in SO much trouble!! Lol! If I had known they would have made your blog..... ;-) I know, I am a total dork!! I always look so lame in those pics anyways so figured I would go for SUPER lame. haha. Wish SO bad I could have run the whole thing with you. You're a rock star!!

Unknown said...

Wow you had awesome stats. Coming in 18th is amazing. I think you need to go for a marathon and maybe someday the Boston. :)