2. Beautiful fall day. Today I was able to go shopping while Mike took the big 3 to the library. Why did I decide to take Lilly with me, I know not! I chased her instead of shopping! We ate Halloween candy, we did some yard work, Jack went to Mason's baptism and just enjoyed a lazy day. Perfect fall day! As a family, we played Atari before retreating for day light savings.
3.
I'm thankful for a beautiful home. When we found this home I knew it was the home we were meant to be in. I'm thankful for the temple-we live so close to so many I need to get tree more! I'm thankful for my sweet children. I'm thankful for the change of seasons and decorations. Just little things!
4.
I'm thankful for Lexi. Her spunk makes me smile. I love her cuddles. I love having her sit on my lap and read books together every night. I love her dimple in her cheek. She's one in a million. I also am thankful for Lexi's preschool class. She isn't sure of every one's names but is loving school. She talks about Payton everyday (the girl to the right of Lexi-and Lexi is in the back row in orange). She wrote a letter to Miss Linda her old preschool teacher telling her she missed her! Mrs Shepherd does a great job teaching the children and Lexi loves it. She has the biggest heart!
3.
I'm thankful for a beautiful home. When we found this home I knew it was the home we were meant to be in. I'm thankful for the temple-we live so close to so many I need to get tree more! I'm thankful for my sweet children. I'm thankful for the change of seasons and decorations. Just little things!
4.
I'm thankful for Lexi. Her spunk makes me smile. I love her cuddles. I love having her sit on my lap and read books together every night. I love her dimple in her cheek. She's one in a million. I also am thankful for Lexi's preschool class. She isn't sure of every one's names but is loving school. She talks about Payton everyday (the girl to the right of Lexi-and Lexi is in the back row in orange). She wrote a letter to Miss Linda her old preschool teacher telling her she missed her! Mrs Shepherd does a great job teaching the children and Lexi loves it. She has the biggest heart!
5. Grandparents! Today was Grandparent's day at school, the Grandparents were invited to come and eat lunch with the kids. I'm so thankful to live close to Grandparents and that they were able to come and have lunch with Maddy and Jack. Thank you for taking a long lunch to eat with Maddy and Jack. They loved it! They had spaghetti today. Afterwords, Grandma took Maddy to the book fair and bought her and the kids a book. Thanks for coming Steve, Tifani and Julie! Jack mentioned that Grandma L has a great sense of humor also!!
Thanks Julie for the pictures I stole them from your blog. To Julie's darling post about school lunch, click here.
Our kids are also blessed to have 6 great grandparents that they see regularly. I think that is definitely something to be grateful for!
6. Parent Teacher Conferences were tonight. I'm so thankful for my kids teachers. They are awesome, amazing, exceptional, personal and we just love them! Jack came home from school with a note today that said he bumped his heads and to watch for these signs to see if he had a concussion. Did I mention he came home with this note two times this week? And it's a short week!! Jack's report card was all E's for excellent work and social skills. He is reading at level L. Mrs. Wilson said Jack is impossible not to like. Madison (she's called that in school this year) also had a wonderful report card. All E's and 4's with 1 3 in comprehension. Miss Giffen said she would like to duplicate Maddy and have 24 of her in the classroom. Maddy said her favorite part of 3rd grade is writing in cursive, she made a goal to pass off all her multiplication facts.
7. I'm thankful for friends. I will admit I check FB and Now Instagram almost daily to see what my friends are up to. I have wonderful friends that live surrounding me. They help me in a pinch, I love to laugh with them, to sweat with them, to encourage me, to chat with about nothing for hours, and am so thankful for so many near and far.
8. I'm thankful for days off from school and for fun prizes. It's PT conference so the big kids didn't have school Friday. The kids helped me clean the house because I'm extremely grateful for a clean house! Then we spent the afternoon playing at McDonald's and then Dunkin donuts with the Wakleys and the Broshinki's.
Mike was busy too. He took a long lunch to pick up his prize. Yep he won this 51" TV. It barely fit in the van. Not sure where we are going to put it! Jack volunteered to put it in his room.
9. I'm thankful for Mike. He is one in a million. I'm thankful for the little things: He does the dishes after dinner every night, he is always willing to help anyone in need, he is smart, he works hard, he plays hard, he is a fantastic father and my best friend. Did I mention we have been exercising @6:30 every morning together? Gotta get that baby weight off both of us:)
We scored row 20 seats at the Utah game today. We also had free parking and catered lunch from Ruby River and kettle corn. And to think I almost sent Jack. The weather was perfect, I even cheered for the Utes- I'm a Cougar fan!!
10. Tomorrow is officially Veterans Day but wanted to share some pictures I took at the half time show at the Ute game yesterday. The soldiers carried out this gigantic American flag-seriously 50-100 people carried it. After the band played the waves the flag on the field.
And then the released two giant bags of balloons.
And they floated to heaven. It was beautiful. And to top that off a woman with a young boy was spotlighted, her husband was serving in Afganistan. She was expecting her 2nd and her husband was to be home by Thanksgiving and to welcome in the new baby by the end of the month. Next thing you know he is running towards his wife after holding the giant American Flag! He came home early. We've all heard these stories a dozen times but no matter how many times I hear it I'm so grateful for my freedoms, for the men and women who serve for our country away from their families to give me those freedoms. I will admit I was in tears at half time as was probably everyone in the stadium. Today I'm grateful for my freedom and living in the USA.












2 comments:
Great Gratitude posts! I hadn't heard the story of the early home soldier. That would have made me cry, too. How wonderful that he was down there on the field with all the other soldiers. So glad your Grandma is back home. She is amazing. We are super grateful for all of you!
I love this idea and I mean to copy it from you every November but never do.
Post a Comment