Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another year wiser

Another year older and another year wiser. Or so they say. Not sure who they is but I've heard that saying somewhere. I'll take it because I just keep getting older!
 
I prayed very hard that no one would be sick on my birthday with the flu. I didn't however pray for an ear infection. It was about 3 in the morning and I heard someone go to the bathroom and then almost a cow crying. It was Maddy, in her room. Softly saying Mooommm, Moooom. Needless to say I wasn't happy to be awake, never am when I should be sleeping and don't really want to work on being happy in the middle of the night. Her ear hurt. I'm hoping it was water in the ear from swimming, because she hasn't been sick. I Gave her some Tylenol and attempted to go back to sleep. Mike went in and sat with her, he is much better at taking care of children in the middle of the night or was being extra nice because it was my big day. I gave her a corn heating bag and we all went back to sleep.
 
We all have been going to bed so late and therefore sleeping in. Mike asked what I wanted to for breakfast, I decided a ham and cheese omelet but in order to eat all we wanted to all day I was going to need to exercise. We did insanity and burned off some calories--definitely not as many as was needed for all the eating we did!



 
We meet up with family at Red Robin to celebrate me! Not often do I encourage others to celebrate my birthday with me. It's just another day and everyone is busy with this or that so I usually just let the day slide by. BUT everyone was so willing and wanting to celebrate I decided to make a plan and see if anyone showed. And to my delight lots did!
 
Lunch was yummy.
Somehow after a big lunch and pie I managed to eat popcorn at the movie.
A big thanks to Brent and Julie for watching 7 kids while the big kids went to the movie. We saw Saving Mr. Banks. It's a good movie, a tear jerker, and made me think. I wanted to take Maddy to it and will wait til it comes on DVD, it's a long movie. I didn't know that Mary Poppins was written after Mr. Banks.
 
After the movie we headed back to the house and got pizza. Brent, Julie, Leslie and Dan had "other" plans and left us. We enjoyed pizza and then pie!
 
I requested a peppermint chocolate crust pie with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. It was delicious!

 Here's me and the kids along with Stephanie. I wanted to remember they were all celebrating with me and not just my usual 4. Here are our wonderful Lehi cousins that we played and played with all Christmas break!
Ashlyn, Kamryn, Lexi, Maddy, Jack, Lilly, Me, Karsyn

 
 When the cake was lite up and just before the singing began Karsyn said "wow you're old!" yep my icecream pie was on fire! BUT boy was it delicious! Thanks Mike for treating me like a queen all day!
Cute Karsyn apparently didn't know I was blowing out the candles or maybe she would have blown just like everyone else appears to be!

It was a great birthday. It was a wonderful day! Thanks everyone for celebrating with me. For my birthday I finally got some new pots and pans. We have been using the hand me downs my dad gave me when I went to college. I bought a couple at Target but saw the same thing at JCPenney so I'm going to get one from there also. I went with Calphalon brand. I have a saute pan that has held up for over 5 years and is wonderful so I got some pots too! I hope I love the pots just as much.

Later that night, I sat on the couch and read my FB birthday posts that everyone wished me. It is so wonderful to feel loved by so many friends! We started watching Downton Abbey and Mike worked on a puzzle. I ate a yummy coconut cupcake from Leslie, it was heaven! What a great day, I definitely am going to try and be more wiser this year. I've got to prove I'm worth it at least to myself.

Maddy's ear has hurt a little since then, not sure what it is but hoping it clears up on its own.

On a side note, look what I won! A Microsoft surface. It's like an iPad but by Windows. I'm still learning how it works, best part is that Lilly hasn't figured out that it is like an iAnything. She has claimed the iPad and iPhone as her own!
I entered a contest and they choose my name to name the seagull. His name is Klip. Thanks www.coupons4utah.com. We are pretty lucky this year for contests. Mike won a 51" TV in October. I also won free carpet cleaning. Let's hope 2014 brings us much more luck! 

4 comments:

Julie L said...

Sorry we ditched out on your birthday pie. Nobody mentioned it. Probably just as well. Doesn't look like there was enough for everyone as it was. But peppermint chocolate are my favorite flavors in the world. It was fun to share lunch with you and we had a great time partying with the kids. And it was good to know you had a chance to see the movie uninterrupted. Happy Birthday again. We love you!

It's been fun to read all three posts and to know you already got to use the passes. Must find a time we can get with you and go, too. Also, still working through all our photos from Christmas day and your birthday. There will be more posts from me.

Cam said...

Happy Birthday beautiful friend of mine! I thought 2013 was my "lucky" year after I won 2 NCP drawings, but I think you took the cake. Are you sure you aren't the powerball winner that hasn't come forward yet? Hope 2014 is just lucky!

Cam said...

Happy Birthday beautiful friend of mine! I thought 2013 was my "lucky" year after I won 2 NCP drawings, but I think you took the cake. Are you sure you aren't the powerball winner that hasn't come forward yet? Hope 2014 is just lucky!

Seth and Julie said...

Happy Birthday and I am jealous because I never win anything.