The 27th we went to Thanksgiving Point to see what our new membership entailed. We stopped at the Museum of Ancient Life aka the Dinosaur Museum. Inside the Dinosaur museum is an exhibit that is hands on called "tinkering." The kids got to build things, test things, play with sand, watch how wind blows sail boats an build projects. They built something that would fly in the wind tunnel. The first place we went to was
Here is the wind tube that you put your invention in to see how it flies. We could have spent all day here, in fact we almost did!
After Tinkering we went and explored the museum, they have dinosaur bones on exhibit and a giant hands on digging sand exploration zone.
Lilly doesn't like to get her hands dirty and didn't last long here. The other kids loved it and could have spent all day here too!
Talked them into more exploring and attempted a picture on a sitting dino. Lilly however didn't want to stop and pose!
She wanted to explore some more. Another digging exploration this time the kids use tools to uncover bones in the ground.
After the museum we headed to Chick a fila for dinner. And then went to Uncle Dan's hotel and swam. The water was warm and the kids are all little fish.
Except this one, she wanted out! I purposely didn't get in my suit because I figured this would happen. After a jump in the water with dad she sat on the side with mom. She did get in later and LOVED it! She has no fear and was very close to the edge more than once!
We enjoyed a mini swim an get away to Lehi for the day. Lilly didn't get a nap and did so good, she was happy to be around for the most part and proved to be a good go with the flow girl! Our pass is going to be so much fun, I can't wait to go see the Gardens in the spring. It has been over 10 years since I have been to the Tulip Festival. They are also opening a kids museum in the spring which will be AMAZING! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the generous gift! We are going to get a lot of use out of this present!


1 comment:
You got a pass- what an awesome gift! I keep trying to tell our families we would love "experiences" over things- that's a gift you can use all year long. You'll love it!
My MIL took the girls to see Frozen, but we weren't invited. They loved it and I've heard good things about it from lots of people. I'm guessing it's one we'll want in our video collection.
How was the Banks movie? That's on my short list of ones I want to see.
Post a Comment