Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ornament Party

Last week, Camille, Jen and I hosted an ornametn party. Everyone brings a wrapped ornament and a treat to share and we do a gift exchange. We held the party later in the month and didn't get the turnout we hoped for or it could have been that my kids delivered most of the invites and they didn't make it to the ladies. Either way, we had a fun time. Here are a couple pictures from the night.

And I posted the same picture twice, because in almost every single picture at least one person had their eye closed.

 

 


 

 

We had a yummy table of treats to enjoy. We talked, laughed and enjoyed the night.
Everyone in teh group was too nice, we only had a couple "steals" and only one ornament got frozen.

Maddy & Lexi also atteded an ornament exchange party. Apparently they liked the ornaments they brought so much that they came home them in the exchange. Too funny. They both had a great time and came home with a bag full of reindeer food. Thanks Camille, for checking another to do off my list!

As tradition, every year we get a new ornament. Since Lilly is a shoe lover, I am giving her my ornament from the exchange. Every day while I am getting ready, she puts on my shoes and high heels!



We bought a Mickey Mouse ornament for the family ornament.


Maddy thinks she needs another ornament but I'm afraid she'll get nothing for Christmas if she doesn't count it as hers this year.



Lexi loves her snowman. Simple and she's already written her name on the bottom.


Still need to get Jack one, this month has been so busy I barely have time to sit. Thank heavens for Amazon, they are saving me this year!! 

Maybe Jack will have to get one on clearance after Christmas! 


 

3 comments:

Julie L said...

The ornament party is a great idea! I love your group of friends and get a kick out of Maddy and Lexi keeping their own ornaments. But can't blame them one bit! They are so cute!

Leslie said...

My friend and I started an ornament exchange in my ward back in Missouri and 10 years later it's still going. Neither one of us live there anymore, either! She kept the tradition when she moved away and seeing your post makes me think I need to start it up here! Looks like fun!

Cam said...

Thanks for hosting- I look forward to doing this with you every year.