And then before I knew it you were having your
1st birthday
baseball cake
baseball cake
And then your 2nd
Thomas the train cake
Thomas the train cake
3rd
Race car

And it's even crazier to think that we moved to Utah and you celebrated your 4th birthday when we were living at Grammies. the Dump Truck Cake.
6th birthday
alien cake
And then 7 we had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party
For 8 this year, I have to apologize we ate so much cake in March that I didn't even think about Jack's cake until the day before his party. I thought a mustache party would be awesome, Jack thought a mine craft party would be even cooler. I know nothing about mine-craft except that you can only play it on the Xbox and we don't have an Xbox--guess what Jack asked for his birthday. Ya not gonna happen!
Any how somehow I stumbled upon this cake! We both decided it was perfect for his 8th birthday.
We celebrated his birthday all week really but for sure with dinner on Sunday when we could have local family over for dinner and icecream and cake. I told Jack he was welcome to open the presents mom and dad gave him but that would mean he wouldn't have any presents to open on his real birthday. He opted to open one!
He was pretty excited about it. Pokemon Cards.
And then a card from Grandma & Grandpa Loveridge
And a basketball or two or three! I suggested to Stephanie that he could use a new basketball for our new hoop and because his had a hole in it. Well I sent the same text to Julie, she didn't know what size ball to get so she bought 2 also. So he opened 3 balls!
And then he opened a card full of cash! His face is priceless.
After presents we sang and ate cake. Lilly sang so cute to Jack. Her birthday wasn't that long ago and she was excited to have someone else get to celebrate.
Jack is the best big brother he didn't mind that his little sister helped him blow out his candles.
And then on his real birthday we had to have something yummy to eat. Jack also requested to have chicken and rice for dinner. What?? This kid doesn't even like rice. I was going to buy a pizza on the way to baseball games but decided I should make him what he asked for for dinner. Although, it is hard to be hungry to eat dinner at 4:30, so really I should have just bought a pizza! Oh well, his cake was gone so I made a cookie bar from Our Best Bites and then we served it with ice cream on top. Wow the cookie bars were rich!
Jack woke up and went to school on his big 8th birthday. How boring! He wanted school lunch-he said the spaghetti is really good! I offered to bring him lunch but he wanted that. He did ask several times when "we" were going to buy his school class treat. I bought them and snuck over to school only to have just missed his class heading to lunch. He had a sub that day--but said everyone sang to him all day long!
After school and homework, ate dinner, and then we rushed to Jack's game. And then during Jack's game, I rushed to Madison's game. Double Header that night!
Jack finally got to open his presents! And then it was bed time!




2 comments:
Yay for being able to make cookies and cakes without worrying about deducting 2 points...for a few more days anyway. Did you really move back to Utah when Jack was four? Wow, I feel like you guys just moved back...life is really moving! Also, we do not have XBox but Alex does have a Minecraft account. You can play it online. It costs $25 to purchase an account. It is actually pretty cool, a little bit like virtual Legos.
oops, missed this post ... love the photos! And the race track cake was perfect for 8! I'm so glad you are back in Utah and it's been long enough sometimes I have to stop and think hard to remember what it was like when you lived in Boise. I confess I miss the excuse to travel there, but I never miss having you close to us now! Still remember Jack's birth and our drive up to be there, and Maddy's reaction to her little brother. He's always been such a great brother to his many sisters. But more than that, he's just simply a good guy!
Post a Comment