For Christmas, my generous in-laws asked what we wanted for Christmas. I told them that I'd love a family pass to a place where we could go to and learn or visit or be at on days off from school instead of toys that gather dust and don't get played with much--and because we have so many toys! Well wouldn't you know it they did both!!!
They bought us a family pass to Thanksgiving Point. We went and saw the Tulip Festival last month--forgot my camera but took this one with my phone! We had a great night, rented a golf cart, brought Great Grandma and Grandma along and had a fun time. Who knew gardens could be so fun for all ages!! Julie has entered a contest, if you'd like to vote for her picture or any picture go here.
Thanksgiving Point has a museum, or garden or shopping or dinosaurs or farms or food for anyone! Including the kids. The Museum of Natural Curiosity opened officially last week and 2 weeks ago we were able to take a sneak peak as members and see it. It's a children museum built and equipped to the max!! We meet up with cousins and had a great afternoon and thanks to the rain our games were rained out and we were able to stay and play til it closed!
The place was pretty crowded and I only carried the camera for a minute because I was chasing Lilly who was happy as could be roaming and being curious! She especially loved this slide with Jack, she would push him down and he'd roll like Jack and Jill do down the hill. Again, and again, and again!
And since I'm always with you know who--you know who I took photos of. The other kids were always lost and I could never find them to take there pictures.
Such a fun place! Mike and Bill came after work and then we went and ate pizza at Bill & Steph's house. SO so so fun! We love our Christmas present! It's a gift that keeps getting used! Thanks so much Brent and Julie. We can't wait to spend lots of time here when school gets out, visiting cousins and when we are on track break.


3 comments:
I felt so bad I had to work so late that night. It looks like a great place for little ones. Maybe one night or Saturday afternoon Brent and I can shepherd all the kids over there while the parents go have fun doing something grown up.
Such a great gift, and one I am always suggesting to my parents and in-laws- we so value experiences over things. I'm sure you will especially love your pass when you're off-track. Don't forget to call me and Owen- my girls are on a different schedule, but Owen and I are always available to play. :) Although I'm sure a new baby will keep us more grounded for awhile.
My friend got to go to this new museum before it opened and she thought it was just okay for the age of her kids. Glad to see it was a good fit for your crew. My mom does 6 flags passes for Christmas and I agree with you...such a better gift than toys that never get used, more memories, more fun!
Post a Comment