Yes I know, I've blogged about 3 times for Maddy's birthday but haven't really blogged about her dinner party or friend party. So here's more highlights of her 10! She really just keeps getting more birthday time as she gets older!
And rewind this post is 3 weeks late because while I was in St George, Mike was busy being Dad and building a new computer. Our old computer (which we bought when Jack was 6 months old--died--the screen would go black and you couldn't use it). So he built one and put lots of hard work into it > Today I figured out how to upload pictures and am now trying to get caught up on blogging!
Julie pulled together a fun family dinner for Maddy on Labor Day just a couple hours after we drove home from St George. Mike had spent the day with friends at Seven Peaks but baked a cake earlier that morning. I told him how yummy and easy the Our Best Bites easy white cake recipe was and asked him to put the cake in the freezer so I could frost it. He opted for cake box instructions. And the cake frosted just great (even tho I complained about it).
I thought I had a white frosting container in the pantry. Nope only pink. Maddy said "we can make frosting" (Grama Tif keeps telling Maddy she is going to teach her how to make real frosting because she doesn't like frosting from a can and I am lazy and frosting from a can is easy and cheap!). I am terrible at home made frosting but whipped together some green frosting and then we made a watermelon cake with chocolate chips. It turned out cute--even tho it was melting because I melted the butter to make the frosting!
Maddy wanted crepe breakfast for dinner. YUM! But hard to feed lots of people with crepes. Julie brought lots of fresh fruit for waffles and crepes. She saved my bacon for the party and didn't miss any details! Thanks again for helping and planning a party while we were coming home from a weekend get away.
After dinner, Maddy opened a couple presents. She opened 2 in St George and her BIG present was at home waiting for her. Grandma & Grandpa Loveridge also went in on her big present with Mom and Dad. So she had one from Kamryn and Karsyn and Ashlyn.
Lexi decided to put the ribbon in Maddy's hair.
Glare on the picture but it is Lego Friends and the friend Stephanie which Maddy didn't have yet! She was so excited.
And then she opened her BIG present. A Kindle Fire!! Jack and Kamryn were so intrigued by her new gift. We told them it was for reading books but you could also play on it. Kamryn turned to Jack and said "guess we better start reading!" LOL.
Rewind back to the decision of going to St George for Maddy's birthday, she was worried only about going over her birthday and missing her "friend" party because it was her "year" to have a friend party. We do "friend" party's every other year. I tried to get her to skip it and she probably would have but she is such a good girl and helper and babysitter I decided to let her keep celebrating being 10 ~ 3 weeks later!
We pulled together an Art birthday party and invited her friends to come and celebrate with us. Maddy & I searched Hobby Lobby for a craft idea and came home with a wooden letter and paint and glitter and jewels for the girls to decorate their first initial. Here they are "creating!"
Makenna
These two were wondering where their letter was. Oops we didn't buy one for the sisters! So they patiently waited for the cookie decorating part of the party!
Which was a big success. It always amazes me how many toppings kids can put on a cookie or cupcake!
The girls decorated sugar cookies and ate slushies.
Emily
Alli
Becca
Macey
After presents, we played Freeze Dance. Laura and Macey must be frozen!
But here's Alli "shaking it off! hmm, hmm!"
Adrienne too
I've decided 10 year old girl party's are a piece of cake! The girls sat quietly and painted for 45 minutes. I hurried them along so we wouldn't run out of time and then we started the next activity. They LOVED the art activity and of course decorating the cookies. They also love to dance! It was fun to watch them shake, shake, shake it off! We are big fans of Taylor Swift's new song at our house!
So that's a wrap! Her birthday is officially over for 11 more months! BUT we celebrated Mike's birthday the day before and then his "real" birthday was Wednesday so we really are still celebrating!


























1 comment:
I know I started a comment on this earlier, but got interrupted and I don't think drafts get saved when it comes to comments. LOVE the friends party ideas! She's at that great age when she and her friends are so willing and able to do so many things. Looks like a great time. She definitely had an "Energizer Bunny" birthday this year!
Post a Comment