Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Girls weekend

My wonderful Tifani aka Mom has been trying to get me to go on girls weekend for years. Four kids makes leaving difficult. Tif mentioned a Labor Day weekend away and of course Tuachan and did I mention no kids. I reminded her it was Maddy's birthday that weekend and she said invite her we'll celebrate!! 

Didn't take much convincing this girl to go! She was worried about her "friend" party because it was her ear to have that party. Here we are two weeks later and I still don't have a game plan. 

We left Thursday early evening to head down to sunny st George. Emma, Tif, Maddy and I. Alex, Maizie and Mary Ann were in the other car. 

Did I mention we were going to a we THREE shows? Thursday night was Wizard of Oz. We made it just before intermission. Sad to miss probably the best act but who needed the blanket. Nope it was still in the 90's and dark. Silly us! At least we would know for tomorrow night. 


There were 11 of us for each play. Anna played with us, as well as the Buehner clan and the Wrights who all live in St George. 

We stayed at Maryann's brothers condo. It was gorgeous! Love the orange accents and the simplicity and the labeling. Need to do my house like that!! It was The perfect get a way place. Sunbrooke? I can drive there but can't remember the name. Maddy and I took the bunk beds. Tif and Emma shared the room with us in it on a king. Alex had the office and Maryann and Maizie had the casita-we didn't even need the master suite. 

Friday morning we enjoyed breakfast at the black bear diner. 

Grampa buddy sent Maddy a card with some birthday spending cash to go do some shopping with. How sad that we were so busy we only had 40 minutes to shop. She did did some jewelry at Justice that was cute! 

After breakfast we headed to Taylor Andrew where Madison Wright is going to school for her esthetician license. Maddy and I opted for pedicures. We reminisced about her First pedicure in Boise. She didn't want those Asian ladies touching her feet but did let them paint her nails. she's come a long way! 

After pedi's we headed to the Wrights pool to swim-oh but we had to stop here on the way!! 


I'm a fan of the fruit water. Water with fresh fruit In it. They have yummy cookies too. We came here every day! 

Maddy & McCartney loved playing on this raft - missed getting a pinof everyone else because my phone died and that was the only camera I brought on the trip. 

After swimming we ate dinner at The Habit. Yummy sweet potato fries, I had a salad. 

After dinner we headed to see Little Mermaid. It was my favorite show and mSddys also. 

Here's tonight's group for the show! Special shout out to Tif for getting the best seats in the house. Center stage and about 20 rows back. We were spoiled. 

I loved the Tuachan stage. Same stage every night but went from the Emerald City to the Ocean to the Pyramids. 

Oh and here's dinners pic!! 


I loved Flounder and the black light that made the costumes glow. The water coming on to the stage is amazing. Eric was HOT and Ariel was a fill in by she was incredible. Such a fun night!! 

Saturday morning we headed to "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for brunch. Yummy crepes and the best creme brûlée French toast-but they ran out of it so we had to take there word for it. Maddy had already decided she wanted her birthday dinner to be crepes-after this strawberry and peach crepe she was still interested in it again. 


After brunch we hit Swig and then went swimming at the Buehner's pool. 

It was hot too! We all spent most of the day close by the water to keep cool. Emma and Sophie decided to sneak ice bucket challenge on Tif but missed and just got her towell. It gave us all a good laugh. Sophie, Emma and Chyna were hilarious and so fun to be with. Sometimes I misss being a teenager but do not look forward to mine getting to be that age!! 

For dinner maddy wanted pizza. We ate at the Pizza Factory. Yum for giant breadsticks. 

And check out this pizza!! Just for the birthday girl as on the house. Made her night!! 


And then dessert to boot. The ladies had Zuchinni pasta. Zuchinni instead of noodles-so yummy!! We had lots of pizza leftover because it seemed like all we did was eat! 

Joseph and the amazing Techna color coat was the last show. It was so good too!! Love the talent, even with the same actors each night, and the music was fun. I've only seen this once and it was when I was in YW and didn't remember anything about it. I give it two thumbs up! 

 Sunday was Maddys official birthday. She wanted Chuck a Rama-my weird kids love buffet restaurants. 


They even brought her a root beer float Sunday and happily sang to her. 
After brunch Mady and I headed to the pool. We spent the afternoon waiting for everyone to join us-but they were at church and taking naps so we still had the best time and came home with a tan to prove it!!

Susan and Don invited us to there house again for dinner. Tif picked up a cake on the way. Yummy BBQ chicken, watermelon, corn on the cob and salads. Maddy was still on cloud nine aka ten for being the birthday girl!! 




We played games at the condo and Maddy opened a couple presents. Her big present was at home-she'd have to wait!! 


We played games, are treats and then all about peeps our pants because a little mouse ran across the floor. Yes I was included In the scare. Maddy was so tired and so afraid I'm not sure how I carried her to bed but we woke up to a mouse trap with our friend in it. A basement in The neighbors house was being dug and the fields across the street didn't help either. But he's in heaven now! And it gave us all a good story to laugh about. While we were waiting for the laundry we went back for creme brûlée French toast at breakfast at Tiffany's. The banana brûlée was my fav-strawberry was delish too. We cleaned up the condo and said goodbye but not without making a pit stop on the way!! 

Goodbye St George. Me and the fam will be back in one week to celebrate track break and for fun! Can't wait!!

Such a nice break from the other kids. I didn't know how much I needed it til I was gone. maddy is wonderful-can't believe she's 10! It was so fun to be with her non stop. Thanks Tif for a wonderful long weekend and for Mike for putting in daddy duties all weekend. He set me a picture of Lexi's hair that he combed and feed the kids nutritious fast food all weekend. He made it to church-most of it anyway and took the kids swimming Monday at seven peaks and don't forget cleaned the house all while putting together a new computer because our old one died. Thanks Mike. Love u!! 

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Oh my goodness! Who needs a friend party after all that? That looks like a fabulous Girls Weekend and wow, you did a lot to make Maddy feel like the star of the show. I love Tuacahn and St. George in general. Not a fan of Cedar City but St. George for sure!

Julie L said...

Wow, I totally missed this fun post. What a great time you had! So glad you got a chance to slip away for it this year. Maddy looked like she was having the time of her life. Julie is right - who needs a friend party with that kind, of celebrating (I know, Maddy, you do still need a friend party).

Cam said...

What a fun girls' trip. I am starting to love SG more and more every time we go. I would love to do Wizard of Oz. We loved Little Mermaid too- Tuachan is such a great theater (although it can get pretty toasty!) I'm not Swig's biggest fan- not sure why, maybe it was hyped up too much before we went. Happy birthday to Madison, is it weird to have a 10 year old?!