Don't mind that all these pictures are backwards in order!! Oops.
Today is day 3 Of track break. The kids have been so excited! We've been to te Utah State Fair and Wheeler Farm and have lots planned for our 3 week break. The weather couldn't be nicer. We are loving school this year. Here's a little recap of what Jack's been up to.
In 3rd grade you learn your multiplication facts. Jacks teacher Mr Lovell starts the year learning them. Every day the kids take a 30 question math fact quiz on one times table you have to finish it in 2 min or less. If you pass your 2's the next day you move to 3's and so on til you've passed all the way to 11's off. Then you do a 5 minute test with all the facts. But you have to pass it twice (I guess for good luck) and then are given the bragging rights Of being in the 5 minute club. Jack is the 2nd person in his class to be in the 5 minute club. He worked hard and every day we practiced and practiced.
Way to go Jack!!
Our school participates in the leader in me focusing on the 7 habits of highly successful people. The first habit is be proactive. Apparently Jack got this award in his class but failed to mention it to me.
After school I asked Jack what he did after the field trip he briefly mentioned to me that he ate a cookie and icecream at the Proactive awards assembly -I said what u didn't tell me you got the proactive award. "Yes I did, you threw away the paper." He said. I didn't but was so glad to make it to the assembly. The 3rd grade did a funny skit-but can't get video to work on the phone. I'll have to try later.
Skyler, Kane, jack and Jayda got the proactive leader in me recognition awards in Mr Lovell's class.

Jack and the 3rd grade (keep trying to call jack in the 2nd grade) went on a field trip to silver lake last week. The colors are just starting to turn. The sucks were quacking. The fisher men were patiently waiting for a bite and we pull up with 3 buses. Lol. Quite a sight to see. Here is 1/2 the 3rd grade. The other 1/2 will do there own field trip here soon. This is Mr Lovell, Mrs Park and miss Giffen's classes.

Jack has 7 girls in his class and 11 boys.

Girls tend to sick together ESP wanting pictures taken.

3 moms and 12 kids (ones MIA). Our group had a great time and got a long well with each other. Didn't bring my camera only have phone pics - but look at nature!! Gorgeous. Did you know I have Brighton Roots? My Grandad-my Grandmother's father worked up at Brighton in addition to my Grandpa working on the ski lifts -- one is named after him! The family has many memories up at Brighton-I love hearing the stories. In fact, there is a cabin overlooking the lake that I wish were in the family!!

The boys are off playing and hiding in the woods. Looking for moose and beavers. Didn't see either. Did see a blue jay and fish and butterfly and ducks. It smells so good up here. Can't describe it but it just smells awesome!!

On the field trip we walked around the lake and read the signs and answered questions on a worksheet. Did u know a squirrel hibernates for 9 months. Wow! And a moose can weigh as much as a car.
We were so loud, I'm sure all God's creatures were hiding!! But isn't that what kids do. I felt bad for anyone who came up for a quiet and relaxing day at the lake because it wasn't!! We ate lunch and enjoyed a beautiful crisp morning/afternoon in the mountains.

2 comments:
Now that's what I call a real field trip! What a gorgeous day to be there. Is that up by Brighton? I've never been there before. Really must take a drive that direction. Just need to work less! And way to go, Jack! Talk about starting the year off right! We're so proud of you!
I heard some of the boys decided to drink the lake water. Yum.
What a fun place to go on a fieldtrip. Beautiful!
Post a Comment