These two were always swimming, Maddy was also but didn't catch her in pictures at this moment. We spent all day Friday and Saturday out back swimming.
I watched these guys and enjoyed the weather and the beautiful gardens of my aunt. She has citrus trees also. Jack picked grapefruit for us and we had fresh squeezed juice for breakfast with toast and cereal. Heavenly!
I stayed home while Lilly napped and Grams and Mike and the kids went to Nachos for lunch. Grams and Jill have a taquito every day for lunch. We ourselves ate there 3 times. It is yummy. Lilly slept well that night and stayed healthy for 24 hours+ I thought we were in the clear.
Friday night we had a fire and roasted marshmallows out by the pool.
Poor Lilly woke up Saturday morning with another round of throwing up. She didn't eat and threw up for 5 days. Luckily only 1 time on our trip back home. Not sure what was wrong with her but she couldn't keep anything down. Finally Gatorade and some cultraelle settled her stomach.
Maddy also wanted to make some yummy treats for us. She picked lemons out on the tree and found a recipe for lemonade and made some. We enjoyed it for lunch! It was the perfect blend of tart and sweetness. We brought lemons home and she has the recipe memorized!
Per Grammies request, we spent a lot of time at the piano playing and listening. Maddy played and so did I. I haven't played for years. Jill has one of my all time favorite books that I played in as a child, it was so fun to sit and play. I need to pick up that book and practice more myself.
Erica slept over Friday night and had plans Saturday afternoon but we were able to talk to her and enjoy her company. We are 10 months apart.
Saturday for dinner Grams wanted Nachos' again. Poor Lilly just still didn't feel good. But we enjoyed our dinner and then went to Baskin Robbins for ice-cream after.
If you are in the area and see Nachos make sure you stop in! The staff is so kind of welcoming and accommodating, they serve Grams and she loves every minute of it.
This is a picture of Grammie. Gorgeous! I don't know how old she was but guessing 20's.
Ethan and Elmira came over Satuday night. Mike and Ethan worked on the copmuter and we entertained everyone. The kids were tired from a long day of swimming and sun and no sleep for a week. We were all packed up and ready for a long drive home on Sunday. We woke up at 4:51am (when Lilly woke us up sick), we cleaned her up and jumped in the car to head home. We arrived home in no time. Well 10 hours later! The kids slept til Vegas where we had breakfast and then ventured home with no traffic or problems. We were all glad to be home. Lexi ran upstairs and played Barbies, Jack found a quiet spot in his room also as did Maddy and Lilly. I guess we all needed a little alone time to ourselves. Our kids are amazing and get a long so well, we didn't have any fighting or pulling hair or problems. I am so grateful for that.We are so grateful for our host. Her house is so warm and charming and decorated so cute and home to us when ever we come to California. Lilly is already asking when we can come back. I told her it would be a couple years, and she asked if that would be next week. Maybe!! I hope so also. We had the best time just hanging out at her house and with Grams. I hope the feeling was mutual--we are a handful and a lot in number!
And there is our 2 vacations, in 1 months time. We booked Kauai almost a year ago and then in November we decided to do a March Disney trip, I didn't realize they would be so close to each other. They were exactly a month apart. It'll be a long time before we get to go anywhere again. Mike starts his new job next week and we have no more PTO or money for that matter. BUT lots of memories and that's great for now! Until next time, California!!
2 comments:
Awesome trip. Love your Aunt Jill's home. How fun for the kids to be able to swim like that. Sounds like a dream trip for sure (minus the puke).
A long time before you go anywhere again? What about Cancun?! That will be here before you know it. Your kids will love it. We are anxious to take our kids with us there again someday.
Disneyland is the best, looks like you had a great time despite the sickness.
We are planning to go next year, but I don't know if we can wait that long- it's so fun and truly magical!
Post a Comment