The end of June was HOT! Like a 100' hot. Kids had the last hurrahs at school. Lexi participated in her schools talent show. She sang the theme song from Zootopia and then at the very end all the kids danced the twist. Peyton has sure grown this year! These girls are best of friends! Not too shabby having a best friend in class as your cousin. So grateful we have been able to be on the same track and class the last two years. Hoping Peyton and Lexi will do well apart next year, we are both on A track but got different teachers.
I pulled out the pool, blew it up only to find out that it had LOTS of whole's in it. So Lexi and I ran to the store and bought a new pool, blew it up and filled it with freezing cold water and the kids swam! Crazy kids is all I can say, only as a child do you do this! BUT smiles all around.Maddy and Gracie both wearing polka dots!
End of June we also had Regional games for All Stars. Lucky us, got 3 games at 1 pm on 3 different 100' days. One inning when Jack was done pitching, he was bright red! We were all pushing fluids into the kids to keep from overheating. They had a great time in the tournament and ended up placing 3rd--so we shall say! One game, was 3 hours and 15 minutes with a score of 24 to 18. Longest game ever! Regulations are that they have to play 6 innings. Most games were just over 2 hours, thank goodness. I had to check kids out of school to go cheer on Jack. No one complained!
The games are pretty official and even sing the Star Spangled Banner before opening pitch, I believe the flag is behind the fence pole.
10U All Star team!
And then we finished up with our Fantastic Falcon awards, field day, water day, movie day and softball day for our last week of school. Lexi was so excited to receive her award. Her report card was very well also! She loves school and is getting very good at reading. She is on reading level J.
Loved her teacher, Jack also had her, I tried to convince her to stick around 3 more years for Lilly but she insisted next year is her last and she is ready to retire!
Maddy only had 6 people in her class receive the award and I wasn't quick enough to snap a picture with her class. I also didn't think to take a picture with the kids teachers so here is what I got. A picture of my Fantastic Falcons!
Later that night, I was invited to go shooting for a work party. When you work with a bunch of guys, you go shooting for parties! I will admit I had lots of nerves, shooting for the first time, holding a loaded gun and this was recent after the Orlando shootings in the night club. Guns are just scary but I did pretty well. Jina, Tifani and I got a quick crash course and then were off to the races!
It was loud! It was hot down under but it was kindof fun. I hope to do it again sometime, we do not own any guns in our house and coming from a hunting family it's kindof ironic I have never been shooting before! First time for everything.
School was officially out on July 1st. That night we went to the Oakley Rodeo and enjoyed the Eyre family reunion. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
Wasn't sure how Lilly would do but she LOVED it! She loved watching the horses, the bull rides, the cows, and Lexi esp loved watching the girls race. She wants to do that when she grows up! She was the only one I could get to wear a hat too, Lilly did wear boots including Lexi.
Tif bought about 70 tickets for us all to watch the rodeo. As always we loved the rodeo clown. He also did stunt jumping and used a motorcycle to jump over a dodge truck and trailer--and the previous week he did it and crashed. He did tonights show with several broken ribs! He was funny and the rodeo was a blast!
Sunset was gorgeous! Love this valley!
Camping was available to those who wanted to. We opted at staying at the Ranch (aka my Dad's) in beds. My kind of camping. However, camping was very de ja vue like, we camped where I went to girls camp 22+ years ago. It is same layout, some trees have died, a new sign added, new hand wash stations but everything brought back memories! Fun to show my kids that this is where I camped as a girl, and the saddest part about that is that this is literally less then 2 miles from my Dad's house.
This is where Becky Pulsipher threw my Egg baby over the shower walls and she died. RIP Egg Baby.
Always a great time with Aunt Emma!
My favorite picture (except Emma's eyes are closed) of the girls using snap chat with Emma. Hilarious!
Next up was soccer! Tifani rented these giant balls and we played soccer, enjoyed treats, had lunch and enjoyed the company. We did get a cloud burst for 10 minutes of rain. Jack was a go getter, he loved these giant balls.
Lilly was too small to participate but that didn't stop her from climbing in and out lots.
Nice combo Lexi has going on, cowboy boots while playing ball!
Mike and I even got in on a game. One was enough for both of us. It was hard work, it was almost claustrophobic inside and hard to breathe but really fun. I wish I had taken a picture of Jack, he was the same height as the balls and when he got flipped over, he didn't have enough body weight (at 67 pounds) to flip himself over, so he was doing a head stand, kicking his feet, trying to flip himself over. Several times, he had to be rescued because he couldn't flip himself right side up. He was constantly playing in the bubbles! He LOVED every minute of it. Tifani rented them and 8 was the perfect number. It was just as fun to sit and watch them play as it was to play. The grown men were by far my favorite to watch, esp cousins against cousins and brothers against brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment