It's been so long since I've blogged, journaled, kept this thing active, I do not know what I have and have not posted. So maybe duplicate, maybe not!
I told the kids I would take them to Secret Life Of Pets if we didn't have to bounce back and go to Lagoon. SOLD! I had some gift cards to AMC theatre and we tried it out. Recliners, popcorn and movies. It was awesome! Movie was pretty cute also.
The next day, I took Maddy in for a 6 month dental check up and Jack a cavity to be filled. When I was at the dentist the week before, I mentioned Maddy needed a frenectomy and I would love to have it done next week if they had time. Well they had time, the nurse asked me if she knew it was coming and if they or I should warn her. Rewind, 6 years ago, Maddy had a chipped tooth she needed a filling in and it took 3 trips and a big prize to get it done. However, 6 years later she is calm and confident and did it no problem. Dr said she didn't even flinch. I did tell her she was going to have it done and she said. Okay. Here is the after. It was quite the process. 1 of 3 that need it, Lexi and Lilly one day! Mike had it done, and so did his Grandmother. Not sure if it skipped a generation. Good genes right.Bleed for an hour and then it was really sore for a week, she took ibu round the clock. By 2 weeks it was fine and not sensitive to eating. And a month later, her teeth I think have moved in together, she'll still need braces but it's a start!
More swimming lessons. Lilly did so good! Even learned how to dive. Just love these girls that teach, they taught Jack and remembered him.
Loveridge cousins were in town in July and we got to play a little bit with them. One day we went to the Curiosity Museum along with lots of people who were escaping the heat. But as always by lunch it clears out and we have the place to ourselves. After curiousity we headed to Provo Peaks and then later we went to dinner in the canyon. It was a 12+ hour day (so it seemed probably really only 8-9) with how much we squeezed in. Kids had a blast hanging with cousins from MD that they really do not know even exist.
Brent and Julie's Grandkids but missing 3.
More Pool time fun. This time we went to Murray Pool and swam. It was HOT but a good time as always.
Lilly loved the slide. I went with her several times and then she just went up and down all by herself. Water was so nice, perfect temp.
In the mail, cute Lilly got a watermelon package from Aunt Jill. She carries this purse with her everywhere she goes. It comes to work with us and even eats lunch in the break room.
Mike and I snuck away for a Keith Urban concert. It was so hot. I thought I was going to melt, luckily as the sun started to go down, it cooled off. You cannot bring your own water in and it was $8 for a water and a coke! Highway robbery for a beverage. And the line was 30 minutes long. But it was so fun. Our first time at Usana Ampha Theater. Parking sucked, our babysitter aka Maddy started to panic about 10pm so we snuck out and avoided the long parking exit. Keith was hot, opening act was great too. It's been so long that I've listened to country music I almost do not know anyone or the songs they sing.
And then a couple days later another package in the mail arrived. Jack is getting a little jealous now. I told him he was welcome to get in the tent and sleep with Lilly. He gladly did get inside and play with her. We then used his birthday money and bought head phones for him and his jealousy faded. He is loving his kindle ( a little too much some days) and know his headphones. I wish it were for reading but it is really a game pad now for him! Baby steps on this kid.
Maddy went swimming at West Jordan Outdoor pool with Gracie and her family. The rest of us went to work. Story of our lives!
Another Seven Peaks getaway. This one was after school Friday for a couple hours. Perfect cool off after ending a great first week of school.
Hehe, and a selfie with one of my besties! I have so many you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment