Saturday, August 6, 2016

20 years no way!

How has it been 20 years since I graduated High School. It doesn't feel like yesterday, but no way does it feel like 20 years ago. Yet, here we are celebrating 20 years. I didn't go to our 10 year reunion, we lived in Idaho, I had just had Jack and felt fat an didn't really want to go. I didn't honestly want to go to the 20 either, but thought what the heck. So we did (made Mike come with me) and it was a lot of fun. It was fun to see lots of friends, who I see a little big on IG and FB but not in person. Fun to reconnect, laugh, reminisce and get dressed up in the mean time. 

It was in Layton, we left the kids at home with Dan, Mike's brother said it's fun to hang with them so he did it two Saturday's in a row! Nice! They had dinner, open bar and dessert. We pretty much just mingled all evening. There was a too cool for you party the night before and they didn't' come but I wasn't too sad because I didn't really want to see any of "them" either. 

Staci, Kinz, Heather
Staci was in my 2nd grade class when I moved to Farmington, we've been friends always. Heather and I life-guarded at Lagoon A Beach. Always fun to reconnect with good friends. 

 Kinz, Tania (KSL news reporter--she's famous), Melissa and Kelly who was in charge of the whole reunion. She did a fabulous job!! Glad I didn't run for 12th grade office.

 And my roomie Amber. Sad we saw more of each other when we lived in different states, now that we are both back in Utah, life is busy and we rarely see each other. Mike took another pic, because it looked like I cut my hair in the first.


 Debbie a basketball buddy and great friend.
 And then at the end we took a group photo of girls. I screen shotted it from someone so the quality sucks! BUT it's here non the less.
 And then Staci, Heather, Debbie and I. Missed a couple people who didn't come, but got to see the ones I wanted to anyways. It was a lot of fun and my cheeks hurt at the end of the night from smiling. Driving home, Amber texted me and our song by Savage Garden was playing. It was the perfect ending to a great night. Thanks Mike for enduring chatting with other husbands who were also forced into coming. His  20 year reunion was a more fun  for me then mine was for him. BUT it's done and now we officially feel old having celebrated 20 years since graduating from Davis High School!


No comments: