Lots of random things in August that I took pictures of.
We were invited to our dentists open house with food trucks, face painting, balloons, prizes.
Lilly had just woken up and was not in the mood for putting on silly glasses and taking a photo!
We always love the Neighborhood Watch pot luck party and giant slip n slide party. The big hill, and soap and a tarp and water make any kid happy. As always Julianna gets the best mom award for going down. I never have, probably never will.Smiles for days with the kids! Fun tradition and supporting watching out for our neighbors. Not too long ago the Blood gang tagged the street hopefully we showed them not in our hood!!
One night we came home from somewhere and both Mike and I noticed that the battery light was on in the van, so Mike tried to start it again and sure enough it was dead. We jumped it, only to have it be dead again the next morning. I made it to work and home but on the way home, it kept stalling, late that night after the slip n slide party we drove it over to the shop to be looked at in the morning. $850 later and a new alternator it is working good as new! Car problems suck! Grateful they both just passed safety and emisions, Mike's car is getting old and the miles are getting high!
House projects! We stained the deck and playhouse. Love the dark color and it looks so good now. No more white trash!!
Smores in the canyon. Brought all the ingredients for smores but one. Matches!! Mike was using his scout skills to light a fire, when I talked the kids into going to a neighboring site to find a match. They came back with a lighter. Yay for fire!
Mike took Jack and Lexi to the Utah Real game, I had no interest in going but they had a lot of fun. And Lexi found a friend to take a photo with.
Poor Jack, was running up the stairs to grab his scout shirt and stubbed his toe. It was bleeding from the toe nail. In the morning, it was bruised all the way down. Ouch!
Wasn't sure what to do with it, we iced it, put on this awesome and amazing cream Dr Christopher's salve for bone and tissue and prayed it wasn't broken. Not much you can do for a broken toe. Two weeks later it's all healed. I guess it was just a bad stubbed toe. Still a little painful but better.
Went to lunch for Jessica's birthday and then came home to do plum jam. 3 batches later and a sticky sticky mess I was done. YUM, reminds me of Grandma. Haven't had it for years, but one bite on a waffle I was remembering sitting in her kitchen enjoying breakfast like I did years and years ago.
That Saturday, we went down to Seven Peaks in Provo with cousins to cool off. The crowds were all back to school shopping I think. Yay for us! Cute Lilly and Ashlyn had the best day. Lilly loves the water these days. Swimming lessons was so good for her. She swims around, opens her eyes and isn't afraid of the water. She does however get cold really fast. She needs some fat on her body!!We left 7 peaks, headed to Little Ceases and got pizza, ate on a random picnic table and then headed to the BYU creamery for icecream. YUM!
Someone may need some new underwear. I spy Lilly.
FHE game night, we have so many games, fun getting some out and wiping off the dust!
This week lots of kids started school, we're pro's now, been going 4 weeks. We have stayed busy with after school activities and no one has minded being back in school. It's been such a busy summer, we've enjoyed the routine that school gives us. Off track in 1 month.

No comments:
Post a Comment