Monday, December 3, 2007

Cookies for Santa

Maddy has been asking to make cookies for Santa since we pulled out the decorations and she saw the plate that says "cookies for Santa." I didn't grow up having Gingerbread cookies at Christmas. Well I take that back, I remember having Gingerbread Men on the tree when I was very little. Apparently my mom use to make them and hang them on the tree as an ornament. What I don't remember is eating them. When we lived in Draper, I found a recipe in a magazine and made them and they have been tradition ever since. Here Maddy is helping me roll out the dough to cut out the cookies. Jack is nibbeling the dough.
Cookies are cooled and ready to decorate. This is the first year I have decorated them probably to give the kids something to do. This year we used raisins for the eyes and red hots for the buttons.



Tasting the finshed product is the best part. We also did a quick batch of sugar cookies, you know the Betty Crocker add butter and an egg. They were okay, not my favorite but kids don't know the difference!


2 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh My Gosh!! I put gingerbread on my tree too. I just put the gingerbread men and colored balls and white lights. It is soo pretty.
I will send you a picture when we have it decorated. Im slow I know. It has been a tradition in my family too. :0) That is too funny.

staci said...

Your kiddos are the cutest! I want a gingerbread cookie! They look so yummy!! ;)