Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Remembering Christmas

This post took up too much energy but I had so much fun reminiscing Christmas it was worth it. I found some of just about anything; most of Mike & I since we have been married. There are some Christmas pictures when I was little (I still think Jack and Uncle Chad look a lot alike except the hair color). Some mission pictures, some college pictures, some scanned in scrapbook pages and a lot in between.

Merry Christmas!






I hated having those pink hair rollers put in my hair and this is why LOOK at the awful hair!



Brooke, Kinzee & Gabe. Not sure how old we are?







Me & Santa. Had to post cuz I am wearing the same Christmas apron that Maddy has worn.




Another Price family Christmas Eve pic with Santa. I think that is Drew my cousin? Not sure.



Having a birthday so close to Christmas the pictures all blend together. I know this was a birthday picture but I can't remember anything more then that:

Erica, Kristy, me, Diane, Megan.



Christmas in college at UVSC. I don't have that many pictures of Christmas. Hmmm, maybe because it was finals and then the holidays and we were all leaving Provo to go home to see our families. Here are some that I do have. I didn't remember until I pulled out this picture that we wrapped the kitchen cupboards. This is at Raintree, Becky Purdy and I are making something!



Staci & Kinzee at the Jazz Game. Probably not Christmas but I wanted us to remember how good we look now! Well you still look cute but my cheeks were awfully chubby. Then again I guess they still are!




My 2nd year at UVSC. We all invited "a date" to come over and eat Sunday dinner with us. I don't remember very many but my roomies. Amber, Crock (Brittany), Susie, Liz and Carrie.




I wanted to share some of Mike's Christmas memories but only have pictures from his mission. I would love to get his baby pictures from his mom and do a baby scrapbook BUT I am having a hard enough time doing the kids and finishing my baby scrapbook. ONE DAY I'll get to his! He served in the San Fernando Valley, CA Mission, Spanish speaking.

2nd Christmas in the field





Mike's 1st Christmas at MTC
WOW, you look so young and skinny!





Okay, I wanted every Christmas since we've been married in order but everything is out of order.
A brief explanation about Christmas in Mexico. When my dad moved up to Woodland, some friends in the ward invited him to go to Mexico with them for Christmas. They always gathered food, clothing, shoes, toys (new and old) and drove yep drove. They heard about San Blas so we all went. My dad decided to fly us down and they picked us at the airport and then we headed to San Blas. We brought sleeping bags, tents and ruffed it on the beach. Our campground was called Playa Amor and was literally right on the beach. On Christmas we went into town with the back of the truck loaded with the items and delivered them to anyone wanting anything. THEY always wanted stuff and would run after us saying "da me" (give me). It became a tradition for us and something we looked forward to every year. Not only did we get to give to the poor but we got to play in the sun in the mean time.


This is our 1st Christmas on the beach in San Blas Mexico 1999.


One of our favorite things to do was watch the sun set on the ocean.


This is our 3rd Christmas and our 1st in our house in Draper. We had the Loveridge's over for dinner before Mike & I went to Mexico for Christmas.



Here we are leaving the Puerto Vallarta airport to get in our rental car. We requested a mini van or over sized car and they gave us a VW slug bug. Not the new ones that you see today but the old "love bug"style. The bottom picture is the 5 of us crammed inside, let alone all of our luggage and the toys we were donating, to go eat.



After loading ourselves in the "love bug" we ate at this restaurant before we headed to San Blas to meet up with our group.




This is the group of Utahn's celebrating Christmas in San Blas. We were lucky to fly down but they all drove down with all the majority of the donations to give to the families. I think it took 2-4 days to drive! I am not sure how many people we had in the group.




Mike is amongst all the items donated that the San Blas people would go through to find clothing and toys. The missionaries spread the word that we were in town with items to be donated. The members and prospects all came in and went through all the bags. Shoes were the hottest object. We also had money and bought food for a Christmas dinner for the families.





A beautiful waterfall not far from San Blas.





This is our 2nd Christmas. My dad and Brody went to Mexico, so he "lent" me his tree and all the decorations. Ooops, I still have the tree and all the decorations!






I think this was the last year Grama Price had the adults sit on Santa's lap. Now we just have the Great Grandkids and it still takes a long time!




We had some friends over to celebrate New Years Eve but I don't remember what year:)

Becky & Toby

Christie & Parker




My family went back to San Blas and then to Costa Rica 3 years ago with Steve & Tifani on their honeymoon. Life has changed for everyone and we hope one day to go back to having Christmas in Mexico.

9 comments:

staci said...

Ok, I'm mad at you for posting that picture of us!!! WHATEVER!!!! (j/k!) That is seriously the ugliest picture of me EVER!!! What was I doing with my hair and WHAT was I wearing for heaven's sake????? EWWWWWWWW!!!!! Thanks for making me throw up today!!! ha ha ha!!! I love all the rest of the Christmas past pics though! So fun! I haven't had much time to do too much posting lately (obviously), but I would have loved to post some of our Christmas past too. Oh well. I loved seeing cute Megan & Diane!! Miss those girls!! Those were some fun pics! Thanks for sharing!! Oh, I LOVE the curly hair (thanks to the pink rollers) when you were a little girl!! I had to wear those too!! My hair looked a lot like yours! Those were the days huh?! ;)

Laura said...

I love those pics--fun trip down memory lane!

Sally said...

I love your "Remembering series"! These are really cute pictures and Mexico looks and sounds like a blast. What an awesome tradition! Thanks for sharing!

Jen & George Scott said...

Kenz, I love the hair when you were little. It is sooo darling!!!!

Lyf2.0 said...

Love that pic of you, your mom and me. How sweet is that? We must have been 3 or 4, don't you think? I remember that outfit!

Courtney Vance said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Madison looks like you! Your kids are so adorable.

Kristy said...

I heard it's your b-day (I read Beckys blog) So..... Happy 30th. I hope you have a great day or had a great day. :0)
Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a Happy New Year!!

Becky said...

Love all the pictures! It is fun to see how styles change over time! I have to agree with Sally, I love your remembering series. I remember wearing curlers to bed too. They always hurt my head and pulled my hair. Aw, the good ole days. I think it would be fun to go to Mexico for Christmas too. I bet it was so fun to bring those kids toys. :D Can't wait to see your pictures from this Christmas.

Robin said...

Happy (late) birthday Kinz!!!! I remembered, but we were on an airplane. Hope you had a great day! How is 30 so far????