Monday, March 17, 2008

How to catch a Leprechaun!

In honor of St Patrick's day we wanted to try and catch a leprechaun! To do this we colored a picture and a box to catch him in. Here are the kids coloring.






Mike even helped color!

Here is the finished product, ready to hide.








So the kids hid the boxes and then went to bed. Today they woke up to find a green leprechaun trail leading to the boxes.


And another trail leading to the window.


The trail led to the boxes where the kids left them the previous night. Now it's time to look inside to see if we caught a leprechaun!



Maddy was nervous to open her box to see what was really inside. Good thing Jack already found out the leprechaun escaped and left Gold coins as a ransom. Jack helped Maddy find the gold in her box. Breakfast was very nutritional this morning: Chocolate Gold, green gum and green air heads!





We cleaned up the messy green trail the leprechaun left and now it is time to get dressed so we don't get pinched. Maddy has been very concerned for a week or more that she didn't have any green pants to match her green shirt and socks. I told her the green flowers in the pants would be great and she wouldn't get pinched by the Leprechaun.





First experience for us trying to catch a leprechaun. Maddy is convinced we'll catch him next year. We'll sure have fun trying! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Happy St. Patty's day! Thats so fun you did that with your kids, bet they loved it!

staci said...

That is so cute!! I love how you documented it all!! They will always remember this "holiday" because of the fun things their mom did on it! I will definitely have to remember this for next year!! ;) SO CUTE!!!

Kristy said...

How Fun!! I can't wait for Belle to understand all this fun Holiday stuff. Maddy is adorable. She looks a lot like you. Jack is a cute little thing too!! LOL. Looks like they had fun!! Good luck catching the leprechaun next year kiddos!!

Tennille said...

Okay, I didn't even remember it was St. Patty's day until 5:30 in the evening when I noticed that all the news anchors and even Pres. Bush were wearing green ties. Ah Ha! And now that I've seen what you and Megan both did for your kids I feel terrible. I am going to be a better mom. :)

Tennille

Becky said...

What a great idea! You two are such fun parents. That is funny how she was afraid to look in the box, I don't blame her! They are growing up so fast. Maddy is looking more like you. They are both too cute!

Sally said...

How original! I love it. I'll have to post about our "non St. Patrick's Day" sometime. Yours looked like a tone of fun!

Ashley said...

That's a very cute idea. How darling your kiddos are!

naturegrams said...

What a clever idea--catching a leprechaun!!! Thanks for sharing the great pictures, Kinz. Glad your are all doing well. Keep up the good work. sperri

Happy Easter