I missed getting photos of all the effort and time and how long it took to get this car to look this way. BUT everyone had fun. Mike and the Elder's Quorum in our ward had a pine wood derby for men and anyone who wanted to participate. Last Saturday, the guys got together and cut, sanded and put led in the cars to get them ready for more sanding, prepping and painting. Mike has been out in the garage all week getting his car just right. The gold car was a kit he did for fun a couple years back, but the silver car is the baby he created this week.

Here the cars are on the line up ready to start. Mike had everything on the computer and the cars all raced and then determined who the winner was.

Here's the finish line. Some races were hard to tell so pictures were taken to determine who the real winner was. But hey, aren't we all winners. Go Emme Haven, her car took first place in her first and only pine wood derby (she's 10).

Oh ya, here's my new car. We call her pearl! Or at least I do! Maddy was so cute, I told her the other car was broken and so we got a new car. She said "but mom, the car is too big it won't fit in the garbage can."
12 comments:
Oh my! It's a Mini! Is kiddo #3 on the way??????
Nope, no numero 3 yet. That number still scares me!
I like your new car!! fun fun. I remember my dad and bros doing the Pine Wood Derby. Everyone hated it because my family always won. They actually asked them not to do it one year so someone else could have a chance winning. haha. Too funny. Those were the days!! lol.
I really like your new car! Those Pine wood derby pictures are funny. I guess we all need to get our inner child out every once in awhile, right?!
Fun new car! I bet Mike felt like a kid again with the PWD! So fun.
Sweet ride Kinz! I love minivans!
Maddy is so smart. You're going to have to start thinking faster than that little one. I like your car by the way. Honda is the way to go.
Cute new car! Congrats- that is a pretty nice Easter bunny. It looks like Billy missed out on the derby. He was pretty bummed out that he had to work. Maybe they'll do it next year... then I can FINALLY get to make one!
Love the new minivan! Now you are a REAL mom! :)
Hot new wheels!! I am with Lynsi, mini van mom's rock! We are now Weblos leaders, any pointers on making a good derby car???
In case you didn't know, we traded in the old mini-van for the new one. Makinzee really wanted to get away from the mini, but couldn't give up all that room.
...and yes, the PWD was a blast even if my cars were among the slowest.
Very cool car Kinzie! I love the color and I envy the lower entry level of a mini-van. Great job on the card, Mike! I think it was neat to let everyone have a turn. Way to organize it all. We really miss the ward. It was fun to see you at the Easter Egg Hunt!
Post a Comment