When the candles and cake came out Lexi was so excited! Josh picked her up and watched Josh blow out the candles. We all thought she might help but I think she was so mesmerized by the candles she forgot to blow!
Tif baked my dad's favorite--Crazy Cake. Chocolate cake made with vinegar. Grandma Price is famous for this cake. I'll post the recipe at the bottom for all you chocolate lovers!
And then just some random pictures. Me & Pops
Maddy & Grampa
And a great picture of Grampa...Lexi was trying to get away.
Now she'll smile!
Crazy Cake
1 c shortening
4 tbl cocoa
2 c sugar
2 c water
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
4 c flour
2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
Cream sugar and shortening. Add cocoa and sugar and mix. Put water in another bowl and add vinegar & soda. Then add the rest of ingredients.
Bake @ 350' about 40 minutes
Reduce time if using round pans
2 comments:
Ah, sweet. love that last picture! Happy Birthday to Josh, too. No pictures of everyone eating the cake? Sounds delicious!
Cute picture of you and your dad! I have heard of Crazy Cake for years and heard people say it is better than Texas Sheet Cake? I have all the ingredients so I guess I better whip one up and see.
Post a Comment