Monday, January 23, 2012

Old but New

Lexi loves butterflies! When we moved her into a twin bed I mentioned I was looking for a new comforter set. A great friend said she was getting ride of her butterflies and asked if I wanted the comforter. It was even purple. Lexi's favorite color. When you ask her what her favorite color is this is her response. "I like puple, Abbey likes pink" Yes, Abbey is in our daily vocabulary. Abbey is Lexi's BF! Although, Lexi hasn't figured out why Abbey is never in Nursery. Abbey is now a Sunbeam. One more year darlin' and then you'll be a sunbeam too.
Back to the butterflies. Ann redecorated her daughters room and we got her old stuff. BUT it's new to Lexi. She loves it. She sleeps with her butterfly baby and ouhs and awes over her butterflies and flowers! Thanks Ann! And also for the old but new clothes. I just love hand-me-downs!

We also got an old but new to us couch for our front room from the Shosted's. They bought an awesome leather set from Costco and asked us if we wanted their couch. It matches the room perfectly! And is just what we needed for Visiting/Home Teaching etc (except I forgot about it this month and we went to the family room anyway).  We moved out my rocking chair to the family room when the Christmas tree came down and made room for the couch. It's a hide-a-bed and will get it's first use (from us that is) tonight when Anna comes to visit! Thanks Camille and Kevin!
Apparently I take crooked pictures. Pics are straight in the room (I think:)

3 comments:

Julie L said...

The couch looks comfy. And I love butterflies, too, Lexi. Happy room, for sure! Great way to recycle, you guys!

Seth and Julie said...

I love purple and I love butterflies. When Alyssa was born I wouldn't even let anyone buy her anything pink but for some reason I wanted all pink with Chloe. Anyway, cute "new" stuff!

Ann Marie said...

Awww! we always love Old - New stuff too! How Darling Lexi is in her room. The butterflies look darling.

~ And love the couch.
Soo nice of Camille!
Yay for fun changes!