Saturday morning, Jack and Mike headed off to tball practice. Then they went to Home Depot to get more sprinkler parts and to add to Mike's never ending chore list. Thanks honey!
Jack counted down the time til his friends Dallas' birthday party. Mike went with him. Dallas' parents work at/live at the Boys Home in our neighborhood aka Foster home for 5-10 boys. Def not the neighborhoods fav place to have nestled in between ALL the kids on the block. Luckily they had shipped all the boys out and it was just Dallas and his family. Jack had a great time. And we learned that when Dallas and Brooklyn show up at our house around 8:00pm to play...they have snuck out and are suppose to be in bed. Looks like they aren't the only troubled kids at that house.
We picked Jack up from the party and headed to Chuck a Rama to celebrate Father's Day with Brent and Grandpa Loveridge, well either that or it was just a good excuse to get out and eat! Maddy says that Chuck A Rama is her fav restaurant. I'm sure Jack and Lexi would agree to that. I say up-chuck to that but at least I did get plenty to eat. I forget how hungry you are when you are nursing! I'm sure Julie will post pics of dinner later that I can re-post to show you what a great time 15 people can have. Thanks for dinner!
Sunday we headed to church and then up to the Ranch for dinner. After dinner, Grampa Buddy saddled up Skipper and let the cowboys ride.
But don't forget the cowgirls!
Maddy has always been a little hesitant riding the horse but today she let it all go and really enjoyed herself. She is growing up and loosing some of the fears she's always had as a child. Grampa was running with her and she is galloping with the horse. Just love her expressions, she was having so much fun.
I honestly haven't been on a horse in a while. Dad wanted me to but I was holding Lilly. I love the feel of galloping (except when you have to go to the bathroom) but running is so fun and swift and amazing. No wonder all those jockeys love racing horses. One day, I'll get back out there and run!
The kids also rode the 4 wheelers, played Barbies and enjoyed lots of yummy ice cream and crazy cake. Thanks Tif for dinner. The weather at the Ranch is perfect...always cooler than the hot city and my parents have the best patio for just chit chatting away the day.
Jack pulled out the b b gun and enjoyed himself too.
Here he is in action to get the bb loaded.
He did get to go out in the field and shoot birds and weeds with Grampa. Didn't get any picture of the father at our house, he was busy taking the kids picture and using his new lens.
Mike didn't get to go golfing which he loves to do Father's Day weekend. All his buddies were busy. He loves to golf Father's Day weekend. I guess he'll just have to do it another time. He didn't get any presents on Father's Day, instead lots of new things throughout the month including a new bbq grill, some pants and a shirt (my favorite thing to get not his).
Happy Father's Day to Mike, Steve and Brent as well as all the other great Father's out there.












2 comments:
Oh, I love the pictures from your Dad's place. I'm so glad your kids get to grow up with a Grandpa who has horses. I will always treasure the horse friends I had at my own Grandpa's house growing up. One of these days I will get around to posting the Chuck-a-rama photos. We need to do something other than just getting together to eat, though. Looking at my blog I guess it's no wonder I weigh as much as I do!
What a fun fathers day. The kids all look so cute on the horse.
Post a Comment