Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Flow Rider

When I think of Flow Rider, my mind starts singing the song that goes "Low rid der" da da da dat. LOL.

Emma's birthday party was at Flow Rider in Ogden and we were invited to come too! The kids didn't have school and Mike took off work early and we headed up to Ogden. BTW, the area that Flow Rider in is so cool. They have a rock wall, flying in air, Flow Rider, restaurants and is so cute! We have to go again.

I was very nervous when I heard I had to sign a waiver for my kids to be able to participate.

I really didn't know what Flow Rider was. I youtube'd it and saw a video. We were in a little room and they turn the water on to mimic the ocean and waves. You can surf or body surf or boogie board.

Here's Jack trying it out!
He immediately got pushed back into the action.
But by the end of the hour, he was moving back and forth and boogie'ing like a pro!

Emma was surfing too. She did great even tho she got thrown into the water!

On the opposite side of the blue divider you can see the other group they were surfing like pro's!

 Maddy also got to body surf. She, as usual, was a little more hesitant but once she had her first go and got kicked to the very back, she was ready to try it again. She had a blast also.

Poor Lexi, was too short by 1/2 inch. They recommend being able to swim and I forgot her life jacket. It was a very long hour for Lexi but she managed to entertain us while the party was going on.

Happy Happy Birthday Emma!
Thanks for inviting us. After flow rider we joined all Emma and her friends and ate at the Pizza Factory. We had yummy bread sticks and pizza! Thanks Tif and Dirk for inviting us and letting us tag along. It's a good thing my challenge was over--I ate and loved every bite!


5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

What a fun place!

LOVE the picture of you all adoring Lily. So sweet!!

Kami said...

Looks so fun!! Cute pics!

Julie L said...

Looks like a way fun place for a party! Great photos and fun memories! I know it was a while ago, but happy birthday, Emma, too!

Brian and Tonya said...

Wow, what fun. It looks like Maddie and Jack are naturals at body surfing (and much more daring than I am).

Seth and Julie said...

They have those in Wisconsin Dells but I am too chicken to try it. Look like it was a piece of cake for your kids. So fun!