We woke up to finding our leprechaun Paddy making a visit the night before. This is what we found when we woke up.
It's hard to tell but Lilly has a handful of chocolate gold coins. Paddy left a pathway from our Leprechaun Trap you can read about Madison's story on how to catch a leprechaun, we try every year and so far are unsuccessful.
Then he left a trail of gold coins to the bathroom, apparently he needed to go before escaped out the window.
The kids enjoyed these yummy treats left by Paddy also.

On Monday, Jack came home from school with his own leprechaun gear on ( BTW leprechaun was one of his spelling bonus words for the week--good thing he taught me how to spell it). It has a cute black hat, shamrock glasses and an orange beard. Their class also missed catching the leprechaun, Jack wanted to go back to school to see if they had caught one also. The leprechauns were clever again this year, I don't know if anyone caught one.
After church, we enjoyed a scrumptious and festive green and rainbow meal at Bill & Stephanie's house.Uncle Dan was in town for the weekend, it was fun to see him and celebrate St Paddy's Day.
4 comments:
I don't even need to hurry and blog about St. Patrick's Day before Easter because I totally forgot to celebrate it. Not a single gold coin or rainbow treat to be found. The kids forgot about setting a trap and I have been so focused on this healthy eating challenge that I just spaced it. Oops! I hate to miss chances to celebrate. I love the rainbow pancakes...really fun!
What a fun day you made it!!! I love the colorful pancakes.
The kids had a great time with the toilet. They were so anxious to share that with everyone. Tell Jack I love his glasses/hat/beard. He wore the perfect outfit for it! And that reminds me - I have a ton of photos I need to get posted TODAY! of our Sunday dinner with you all.
Looks like a fun day at your house, I love that Jack thought ya'll should stay home from church. :)
The pancakes are awesome!
Post a Comment