Our condo was in Carlsbad where Legoland is headquartered. Before the trip, Jack got his monthly Lego magazine in the mail and in the back it had a free kids ticket. We weren't sure we were going to go to Legoland but grabbed a neighbors just in case. Just as we pulled into the parking lot I remembered I left the 2nd coupon back at the condo. I decided to carry one bag instead of a purse and diaper bag! Oops! Mike was in the car with one child going back to the condo to get the coupon when I asked the ticket lady if she'd honor the coupon for 2 kids. She did!! It was still an expensive park but the kids had a great time.
During off season, Legoland is closed Tuesdays/Wednesdays. We went the first Tuesday the park was open. We and several other hundred guests practically had the park to ourselves. It was awesome. The hazy sky burned off, the weather was perfect and we enjoyed a day at Lego land practically all by ourselves.
Here's one of those famous penny machines. See we had to do one everywhere!
For the most part, Mike did the rides with the kids. I for some reason volunteered on this tea cup like ride. It was the first ride of the day and I really thought I was going to loose my breakfast. I opted to stay with Lilly for the rest of the day.
The height for the rides is a minimum of 42" Lexi was the perfect height for the rides. They even had a big slide!
This was one of the kiddy rides. Mike had his phone out and got a pic of each of the kids riding the horse.
This was one of those rides where I am sure the noise annoyed the operator. The horse made a fake neigh every 5 sec!
While at Legoland I found my long lost twin. Come to find out she is also from Utah and Mormon. Small world! Thru the rest of the trip, I saw more twins. Target shirts can't be beat!
We walked through the Star Wars Lego exhibit. The statues in Legoland made of Lego's are amazing. The boat tour told us how many Lego's each exhibit was made of. What a fun job to have!
I loved how the rides resembled Lego's. We did a tour of a factory where they make Lego's. They make so many every day! I wonder why they are so expensive however when they can make so many! I know someone who travels across the world checking out Lego displays, they only allow so many Lego's at certain stores so they don't flood the market with Lego's. Whatever they are doing, works!
Lilly didn't have as many rides to go on at Legoland. In all honesty,she didn't care. Her spot was here in the stroller.
When the kids were riding the bumper cars non stop, Lilly herself found a car where she could play in. She played here in this car for an hour, climbing in and out and had a wonderful time herself!
She even found a friend, just her size!
Lexi was the perfect height for the ALL the rides! She could ride anything. She was very excited about that esp after the height incident at Sea World. Although, most rides she had to have an adult with her. Mike was her guinny pig! He didn't seem to mind.
This ride could go in 4 diff levels. Slow to very aggressive. Jack and Maddy both did this with dad, Lexi opted out. At one point it tipped you upside down. This was the ONLY ride in the park, we had to wait on. And that was because they only had 3 rides going, 1/2 were not open.
Here's the bumper car track. We spent an hour here. After each ride the kids would run back into line and run right into the track. Not sure why they had to get off this ride when no one was in line.
The park had a whole water section that we avoided. I didn't bring swim suits and it really isn't fun walking around the park being wet. We did talk Mike into one water ride. The kids rode this pirate ship and could spray those outside watching, although those outside watching could also spray you. Mike was a good sport. They didn't get too wet. But enough to be cooled off.
Maddy loved the Lego creations. She is our Lego girl more than Jack is our Lego boy. I love how Lego's now has Lego Friends which are girl Lego's. She loves to create with Legos! She loved walking thru the cities. They had Las Vegas, New York, and Sydney Aus just to name a few. She was very sad when I said it was time to move on because she didn't have time to look at all the exhibits.
We found some amazing apple pie fries and enjoyed them just before leaving the park. They were yummy! Fried apples with cinnamon and sugar dipped in whip cream. MMM
At the very end of the day we found this dude. He is also made out of Lego's. I love how Jack posed just like him. We came home with 2 swords (one for Jack and Lexi) and Maddy bought a necklace.
It really was a fantastic day at Legoland. Would I go again? Prob not. Once was prob enough for us. BUT it was perfect weather, no lines, no crowds and the kids had a blast! If I could get all those conditions another day I might!












3 comments:
I have never been there and I have a kid who is a Lego freak. I love all the displays and Lego details on the rides. So cute! Legos are pretty much the only toy I have not regretted buying and I actually get why they are so pricey. Some genius has to figure out how to create some cool thing with them and then write step by step dummy proof instructions so the rest of us can recreate their work. I am amazed by Legos. Good to know that the park isn't a can't miss experience, but you can't beat a crowd free day at an amusement park.
We went this Spring and we really enjoyed it!
But we thought the same thing about Lego land. :)
Post a Comment