Monday, June 2, 2014

San Francisco

A couple weeks ago, Mike had to go to San Francisco on business. He had a little extra time on his first day, so he snuck away to AT&T Park to watch his favorite team the Giants beat the Marlins:

Great seats on the front row just out of the infield on the left field side made it even more enjoyable.

Ryan Vogelsong warming up before the game. Mike was close enough he could imagine standing in the box and getting struck out by the 90+ mph fastballs.

Pablo Sandoval an Brandon Crawford warming up. Pablo spent most of the game checking out the girl just a few seats down from Mike (refer back to a couple pictures up).

Mike's favorite player, Buster Posey catching Vogey's warm-ups. Mike was stoked to be so close to the bullpen. Oh, and that's Hunter Pence in the background with his awesome black knee-highs.

After the game, Mike walked along the pier while waiting for an evening dinner with some co-workers. He took this shot of the SF financial district.

Here is a shot of the Opengear booth, the real reason for Mike's trip.

One afternoon, Mike was able to get a 7-mile training run in along the bay. The air was so thick, he felt like he could run forever. Along the run, he had beautiful vistas of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island.


It wasn't all fun and games. While he was out there, Mike had to sit through all-day sales meetings and work the booth. He caught a cold and ended up trying to talk to people in a loud, noisy hall with no voice. Not to mention his flight home took six hours because of delays caused by a freak storm in Denver.
All-in-all, I still wish I could've gone with him.

3 comments:

Julie L said...

I'm glad he took a few photos and glad you took the time to post about them. I've only been there one day, but San Francisco is easily on my list of favorite cities. I'd still prefer being in the forests and outdoors, but if you have to be in a city, San Francisco is definitely a great one to be in! Fun game for him to attend!

Unknown said...

Lol, Mike wrote this! He wrote it as if I did and said he even misspelled words so it would seem as if I wrote this! BUT so glad he wrote it, I don't know any details of his trip esp the players names!

Seth and Julie said...

Ha,ha! I am laughing at the comments about Mike writing this and pretending to be you. Seth has always wanted to go to SF, because he also grew up a Giants fan, but he has switched allegiances and never misses a Brewers game now. SF is still such a fun place to visit. You should have gone along for the ride.