Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tumbling Revue

Madison had her final year end Tumbling Revue at SLCC. They had 3 shows for tumblers, she tumbles at Synergy and they have over 600 tumblers. She was in the last show, which started at 8pm. Super late for an event but I guess you go with the flow.

We had a t-ball game earlier, Mike and Jack had father's and sons, and Maddy had a softball game the following morning, jam packed weekend is just how we like them.

Madison is kindof stuck in tumbling. When she started softball, practices ran on Thursdays the same time as Tumbling. We alternated between which event she would go to. In May, the tumbling teacher told the girls if they missed practice they were out of the routine. I knew Maddy would miss one class because of the Choir Concert so I went and spoke with the teacher. She allowed her to miss one lesson. Maddy worked hard at both softball and tumbling and has done very well. Although, I think she is over scheduled. Between piano, activity days, softball and tumbling--I'm worn out and so is Maddy.

Back to the revue, she has worked hard but still doing the same things she was last year. She tumbles with her BF Alli, Jen and I are both frustrated that the girls have not progressed and not sure where we want to put our money. A neighbor taught a friend to do a back handspring and has then since taught Alli to in one hour. Maddy went and practiced with them yesterday but until softball ends we won't have too much extra time to practice. So for now, we are monitoring our activity schedule. I'm a huge fan of letting my children try everything to see what they like and then when they find something they like to excel at it but 4 things is too many for one child right now. I guess the oldest child gets to be my guinea pig right now, poor Lexi my taste of dance and tumbling is out the door and she is begging to be put in. If only I could find the right fit.

My ranting is over. Here are pictures of the review!

 Good thing this is the last year for this warmup, it's small!
 Maddy is front bent over.

 Maddy is in the front doing her back bend crab walk. 
 Middle for the splits. 
 And here is her back bend. 



 And then Alli and Maddy. After the show they got a medal. This girl is racking up the medals these days! They got "recommendations" for next year; Alli has moved up a level and Maddy is still in the same level. Once again, super frustrated. Lost sleep and looking elsewhere! Rebecca will be amazing and is willing to teach the girls because there current teachers aren't!

BTW, we had awesome front row seats. Great Grandma Loveridge came to the show and because she uses a walker and cannot take it up stairs they let us sit in the front row right in the middle. Not bad seats at all! Thanks Brent and Julie and Grandma and Steve and Tifani for supporting Madison. And thanks Jack for being a great babysitter.


I think I managed to upload her video.




No comments: