Emma came a little later and these two were tickled pink to see her. Note for future trips to the slide--wear oldish swim suits. The slides are dirty! The dirt mostly came out but would have been nice to not use Maddy's brand new suit to get dirty.
I didn't get good pictures because we forgot the camera so I just have phone shots. You hike up a little hill to get to the top of the slide which really is just a nice thick piece of plastic tarp that goes to the neighboring field with a trickle of water to make it slippery. The slide is in the middle of a corn field, it use to be a sod farm and is now a redneck water slide.

Jack went down every way imaginable.

Including a trip that somehow he hit a rock while sliding. Go figure this kid has a knack for hitting his head. He brings home concussion notes from school, already has a scar on the back of his head where he hit a water meter and now this!
I will admit, when he first came to me with blood rushing down his back I was worried we were having our 2nd Eyre reunion stitches. But after we cleaned it up, it didn't look terribly big but it was bleeding and Jack was crying and we were away from home so I also was worried. We got the bleeding to stop and attempted to put ice on it but it was too cold. So he sat with Emma's phone and the crying stopped! Grama gave Jack several ibu's to help with the pain. We didn't have any band-aids not that they would stick in wet, bloody hair but we watched it. My friend, Juliana said to clean it, shave the hair around it and put a butterfly band aid on it. Unfortunately we didn't have any handy. 
He attempted to not be so "Jack" like and played the reunion games, and managed to play bean bag toss without causing it to bleed a third time.
Meanwhile the girls had a blast. Going up and down the slides. This girl (Lexi) didn't stop!
Lilly was eyeing the "baby" slide so I convinced Mike to take her down once. She doesn't much care for "scary" things and once was enough for her. They did have a small kiddie pool and water table which she played at for hours.

Beckett and Lilly also found the sprinkler and played here awhile.

Lexi found the candy. She had a bowlful of smarties and she didn't want to share. Not even with Grampa. She began getting them wet and sticking them to her face. I got a picture with a smartie on her nose. She also "ate" dum dums and had more soda pops than I could count. Good healthy meals for the day. I did convince her to eat some cheese from the potato bar for dinner--heaven forbid she actually eat food.

Grandma Red as she is called (Tif's mom) had a tumble several days before the reunion but on Saturday was doing well. She always gives everyone a $2 bill because that is tradition and was started several generations before. My kids were so excited to get another $2 (she gives them at Christmas also).

At 5 we were getting ready to leave and the kids wanted to stay longer and slide in trains, backwards, forwards, etc. Maddy was the caboose of the train and knocked over someone when she came racing down the track. The kids had the best time. We all did in fact. We don't know the Eyre family very well but they are always so kind and polite and genuine and interested in all that we do. Mike knows them the most, the sisters all look alike to me as well as their kids. So I don't call anyone by name because I don't know who they are!! My dad has been around for 10 years and he says the same, so I guess I have no excuses.
Although, this is my 2nd family Eyre reunion and my 2nd blood experience. Rewind 6 years ago, Madison fell off the water slide and was sent to the ER for several stitches on her chin. We lived in Boise then, and the family reunion was our first stop. It made quite the memory. Next year, I will come prepared with a better first aid kit.

When we got home to get everyone cleaned up for church the following day and to doctor up Jack's head, I didn't have "butterfly" band aid like I thought I did. Walgreen's was closed, and Smith's didn't have any for some reason. So I texted my neighbor friends. Camille to the rescue. Mike showed up to get a butterfly band aid and got just that a band aid with butterfly's on it. When Kevin gave Mike the band aid he realized we needed a butterfly band aid not a pretty butterfly band aid. It was a good laugh!
Did you know youtube can solve your medical problems also? They showed me how to make a butterfly band aid using medical tape. It did just the trick. A week later, his head has a small cut on it and is healing nicely. I did give him a super short hair cut last night to even out the hair. YIKES! Good thing Jack is tough--he did "trim" his rat tail but I almost wished we would have chopped it all off. He loves his rat tail!! So I guess it's a keeper! So glad his collide with a rock on the ghetto red neck slide wasn't too bad. We lucked out!


2 comments:
Oh, ouch! Head cuts are a pain, for sure! But other than that, looks like it was a fun day for you! Good to know about the medical tape.
I love that Kevin handed Mike a Barbie/butterfly bandaid. Since our girls had canvassed the neighborhood for bandaids on the 24th, Kevin assumed Lexi must be throwing a fit and wanting a pretty one- lol. He said he quickly realized his mistake (I was actually asleep and he's the one who got your text). You'll have to tease him about that one for a long time.
Post a Comment