Kindergarten starts a week later due to testing each kindergartner. So Lexi and I met her new teacher Miss Smith and then officially started Kindergarten last week. She was so excited and couldn't wait!
For carpool, I drop off the kids to school. One morning, I dropped off our car load (my 2 + 3 Wakley children), my heart skipped a beat realizing that soon I would be dropping off one more and it would just be Lilly and I for 3 hours every morning. That day came soon enough.
I heard Lexi wake up at 6 and hoped she would go back to sleep. I left for my morning run at 6:30 and she was asleep on the floor. When I came home at 7:20, she was dressed down stairs, had made her bed and was packing a lunch for school. SHE WAS SO EXCITED!!
She was bummed that she had to eat lunch at home. We got our morning pictures taken with our sign!
An she waited in the car for 10 minutes for Mom to finish getting ready to take the kids to school. We arrived and quickly found her friend aka 2nd cousin Peyton. Peyton was a little nervous. Which made me a little nervous in addition to several other little Kindergartners that we're nervous. I stopped the tears because I saw Lexi so excited and lined up in Miss Comte's line instead of Miss Smith's line (there are 2 classes that play on the playground but have different lines) all ready to go inside. I quickly lost my tears and had a big smile on my face just like she did.
When I picked her up from her first day, she was MAD!! She wanted to stay longer and didnt' want to come home and she didn't get to each lunch!!
But when she came home and got to play with buddies she was just as happy to be at home. And soon enough the big kids were home from school. The next morning came soon enough, I woke her up at 7:30 and told her it was school. She was just as excited for her 2nd day of school.
Here we are a week in, we pick out her clothes the night before and she eagerly goes to bed because she knows that she will go to Kindergarten in the morning. I hope the excitement lasts a long time. Probably will Maddy and Jack are still excited and they are in 4th and 3rd grade!
Miss Smith sent the parents an email and said the first week went well. The kids are learning to walk down the hall quiet (she says put your marshmallow in your mouth and fasten your seat belt--so the kids keep there mouths closed and arms folded). The class earns sticks for a treasure hunt prize and Lexi does her work quietly and already has 5 sticks. She is 2 away from a prize. Her class has 20 kids in it. I love the small class sizes. I love being at the same school. B track has been awesome. Year round school has been just another regular day even if it is technically still summer. We have time to play in the afternoon and the past week has been rainy so the weather has been cooler. Really reminds me that fall is on it's way. I love Fall. We have track break in 3 weeks.
The only bummer is I miss afternoon kindergarten. But for me not for her:) Mostly because Lexi is driving me crazy and is bored when she comes home from school and wants to play. We go through her list of friends to see who she can play with. Sometimes no one can play but MOM! LOL. At least, her friends have am kindergarten or preschool so she'll have buddies.
6 comments:
I am not sure I realized Lexi was going to Kindergarten this year! My own kids growing up amazes me but I find it even more confusing when kids I don't see very often go from babies to kids overnight. I am so jealous that Utah has half day Kindergarten instead of full day, but I bet it is a challenge to fill those empty hours at home once they are used to being with friends all day. Full day is probably a good thing for some kids...Chloe preferred to stay all day, but I hate it. They are so grumpy and tired that whole first year. Anyway, Lexi looks very proud and makes a cute Kindergartener.
She looks so cute, I can't believe she's already in Kindergarten. Yay for small class sizes! I just found out Ally has 20 students total in her class, and Macey has 21. Those numbers make me happy!
All of these cute kids need to stop growing up so fast.
And I keep forgetting to tell you... On Lexi's first day of school she came over and told us her teacher was Mrs. Smith. Ally said, "My teacher is going to be Mr. Smith, maybe they're married!"
Lexi said, "They are, I asked my teacher if she was married to your teacher and she said yes."
Ha ha, it cracked me up, and I've been meaning to give you the play-by-play of their little exchange. :)
Hahaha, Cam, that is too cute. Of course, Mrs. Smith is married to Mr. Smith! Except is is Mrs. or Ms. or Miss? She was telling me last night and I couldn't figure for sure which it was. Lexi went from a baby imp to preschooler to school age just way too fast! She looks absolutely sparkly in these pictures! Oh, and she told me to call her after school today, too. I've got to remember to do that!
Oh Lexi, I am so excited for you. You look so grown up & happy! Thanks for sharing this great moment in your life!
Woops! That last comment was from your great grandma H,! Love ya!
Post a Comment