Jack's request for a birthday cake was chocolate cake with chocolate chips kind of like a rocky road mud pie I made recently but without the marshmallows and nuts. Where did this kid come from? Mike and I aren't chocolate people so we think it's odd that people our own kids esp love CHOCOLATE! I found a cake on pinterest and Jack enjoyed licking out the bowl. It was delicious too. And I'm not really a chocolate person.
His birthday fell on a Friday this year. Mike was home with the kids while I went to work. He got invited by the Murry's to go swimming. We were off track for his birthday so this was extra special. He even got to open a gift which was snorkel stuff and then going to the pool was extra awesome!
We planned to go to the Bee's game as part of our Christmas Sing A Long package way back at Christmas time. As part of the package, we got tickets to see the Jazz and the Bees unfortunately we forgot to get Jazz tickets so we for sure didn't want to miss out on Bees tickets. Although, booking tickets 6-8 weeks in advance was complicated. With 3 kids in ball we didn't have many options open. We decided to go on Jack's birthday night mostly because we didn't have any games scheduled. I guess, it was left open for rain outs. We ended up having 3 rain-outs that night! BUT that didn't stop us from having fun and making it to the game. ( Lexi played in one, skipped one and Jack's got rescheduled because Mike has connections:).
So we made it to the game and so did G&G L and the cousins. It wasn't cold but a little chilly. Blankets were nice. Oh I should mention, Lilly thought it was warm and got really made when I put pants on her instead of her shorts. So she cried after we parked the car. Mike eventually ended up carrying her.
We enjoyed the game, the treats, the $1 popcorn, the company, the train, harassing Mike for cheering on the wrong team, and had a great night. The game however seemed extra long. It got tied in the 9th which made the game go into extra innings. We were all supposed to come to our house after the game for cake and Ice cream but everyone ended going home.
Not long into the inning the kids wanted to go ride the train.
And then they rode it again and again and again. Stephanie was a good sport and rode it with Lilly and Ashlyn 7 times! Some how Lilly isn't cold and isn't wearing a sweatshirt or coat.
We sang, ate and did the 7th inning take me out to the ball game. And of course had a great night with cousins and G&G.
Mike had his Giants hat on. Cheering on the Giant affiliate team, when the team came in to switch a player tossed the ball to Mike who in turn gave it to Jack. Not long later, Bumble came by and we got a picture with him and all the kids. Jack then went and had him sign his ball. I was so surprised, Bumble carried around a permanent marker! Perfect!
During the 6th inning, Jack's name was highlighted up on the Reader Board, but I wasn't fast enough to have the camera out and waiting for it. It said "Happy 10th Birthday. Jack Loveridge!" Pretty cool.
He signed it extra special for jack. He even got a glass aka plastic shaped box to put the ball in to keep it extra special.
At the top of the 10th inning, G&G left along with Bill and Steph. We were headed that way and Mike and I talked about one of us going and getting the car while the other waited with the kids but by this time the Gulls were out in the field again so we decided to watch the inning. And to our delight, the bases were loaded and they scored a run to win the game! Another high light was after the game, the children were invited to run the bases. So we patiently waited for them to stake off the grass area so the kids could run the bases. Jack quickly passed the little girl who got to go first and was first to touch home plate!
Once we rounded up the kids, I said where are the keys. Mike said I gave them to you. No you didn't, I decided while in the stadium to check my bag. It was heavy had all kinds of treats and water bottles but NO keys! I checked again, by this time the stadium was pretty empty (remember we stayed late to run the bases), the security people nicely said can you go out of the gates we need to lock up. Unfortunately, they were already cleaning where our seats were and wouldn't let Mike go check either. They wanted to go home. So I prayed and prayed and prayed that somehow the keys hadn't dropped out on the grass by where we parked where Lilly threw her fit and that the car would still be there. To our delight it was. And LOCKED! By this time, Mike had called Bill who was almost home and he said he'd go to our house and get a spare key and come back to meet us. By this time it was 11:00ish. Mike had walked back to the park to see if he could re-check his foot steps. But still no keys! Lilly had fallen asleep on my shoulder by now, Lexi had stopped crying and Jack was practically asleep sitting on the curb. We were on the curb because the grass area we parked by had sprinklers on it.
By this time, a car pulled up with 2 security guards from the Bee's game. They stayed with me and the kids til Mike came back, and then even stayed until Bill brought the spare key. They felt so bad for kicking us out of the stadium. They were so sweet and nice and I was glad they were there. We definitely were not on the safe side of the tracks. West Temple isn't that great of an area. We arrived home at Midnight and Jack said cake and presents tomorrow would be just fine!
A couple pics from his birthday fun! One definitely we will not forget.
So Saturday, luckily Jack had the later Accelerated Copper Hill baseball schedule so we were able to sleep in, and sleeping in til 8:30 for me is sleeping in! He eventually got a round to opening his presents and then having cake and ice cream.
Still in Pj's he unwrapped gifts. Mike taped this one. Really. Good.
He finally got it open. When you bite your nails, it's hard to open things! Teeth work well, I guess!
He was so excited to get a watch that has a timer on it and to his surprise a Kindle!
Lexi went to Burger King the day before and wrapped a crown for Jack. LOL. He was a good sport and wore it proudly.
Time for cake and ice cream. His request for ice cream were chocolate and mint chocolate chip.
Still can't believe he is double digits!
And then the smiles started. Trick candles. He is the only one that would laugh about trick candles that relight after you blow them out, I think the girls would cry. Maybe, I'll have to remember and try next year.
And then we were off to baseball for the night.
Fun birthday that was extended to the weekend.
I called the Bees Saturday afternoon and the keys still hadn't been turned in. I left my name and number and figured I'd call again tomorrow. That night at 10 pm, I got a phone call. I was so excited that they found the keys, I didn't even think to ask where they found them. Mike remembers carrying them in his hand instead of putting them in his jean pockets with the water bottle he was carrying. And then he picked Lilly up who was crying and stuck them in his coat pocket. They must have slipped out. He was here and there and everywhere that night. I'm just so glad they found them. I called Honda to see on pricing for a new key faub. $95! And then we'd still need a key. Yikes!
My Smith's reward card is a used one, I for sure know my keys from someone elses.
A blessing a day later! On our way up to Buddy's for Sunday dinner we stopped and picked them up. Monday morning, at 8:25 am I could request a new track. Rewind 2 weeks previous, we got our track assignments. Maddy all along wanted A track, to be with her friends and to have a long summer before she starts middle school the following year (what--how can this be). Out of the 5 families in our neighborhood, and our cousins and friends who we all signed up for A for. We got B. So Monday morning, I waited at the computer to put in a request to change tracks. This year it was done online, in previous years it was in person. Our friends last year, went at 4am to get early in line and one still didn't get changed. At 10:30, I got a call from Elk Meadows and we were able to change tracks. I screamed and said really. You just made my day, my week! I was so happy, I texted Mike and the kids who were just as happy in addition to our friends. Yay, another blessing from above. We may not have a job but we have little tender mercies non stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment