Mike has been unemployed for 6 weeks today. Ugh, feels like forever. Yet we've been so busy I don't know how we would have done everything without him home. I wish we could have him home and a paycheck at the same time.
He's had lots of interviews. Everyone is just really slow. No one is in a hurry and lots of people applying. One at a time, we will get there. We finally were able to cash in on unemployment after weeks. $500 / week. I'm grateful with that and my work and the generosity of Price's Doors we will be able to off set some of our expenses. Our darn mortgage! It's so expensive. BUT a house, is a necessity and I'm glad we have one.
We have had so much help. I'm so grateful for friends and family. Helping with children, helping with carpool, taking them out for treats, taking them swimming, dropping off goodies, taking us to dinner, buying us dinner. We've had dinner brought in countless times,
farm fresh eggs,
groceries dropped off. Dinner dropped off. And this is just a little of the blessings we've seen.
We've also had the car in the shop four times in a week. Another tender mercy, they didn't charge us for any of it. Well we did pay $15 for an oil filter, come to find out we didn't have an oil change, then the screw gasket broke so they put in a new heal coil only to put in a new oil pan.Probably $400+ worth of charges. I'm not questioning it, and did offer to pay but them insisted to make it right. They even know my name (Even before this weeks car problems), nice people at Big O.
I was feeling depressed last week. We decided to go to the temple at 5:15am before I went to work while the kids were off track. The session was full so we had to wait for the 6am session. LOL, story of our lives. But while in the celestial room, I felt a pity party for us. And prayed and prayed and cried and cried, I wanted a job so bad, then it dawned on me that I didn't think to look at all those that had blessed us with their service, their love, their compassion for our trials and their help even if to them it wasn't a big deal. The tears poured down my face as I was so grateful for those around us who had filled in the holes. The Lord was blessing us even if it wasn't with a job at the moment. The struggle is real, it's not an easy task Mike is faced with but I know we are blessed and the Lord is watching out for us. And we are all praying continually it will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment