Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Preschool Graduation

May has snuck away and June is here. Schools almost out ~ 3 more days!! Last night while uploading pictures from Capital Reef to blog about I realized I never blogged about Lexi’s preschool graduation.
She came home from school with her gown in her bag, I asked her what she wanted to wear and she said her “baptism” dress. LOL, She wore this dress to Jack’s baptism so I guess that’s its name now. 

This was Emma’s dress. I believe Emma wore it to probably Lexi’s baby blessing or maybe Jack’s. It has ALWAYS been a favorite dress of mine, I was sad when Maddy grew out of it. It’s pretty long on Lexi so hopefully we can get a couple summers out of it. We curled her hair, she wanted perfume and a little make up on to make her extra special. We snapped a couple pictures and then headed to graduation at the SJ Library. So grateful for Mike’s work being so close to home! And Grandma Tif and Julie for coming also to Lexi’s big day! 
Class of 2027 here we come!!
Lexi and Mrs. Shepherd
Lexi and her buddy Tanner
They say they are going to marry each other.
Payten, Lexi, Tanner, Martie

Martie lives down the street, we carpooled to preschool. Heaven on Earth! Thanks Adrianne for a wonderful year. I switched Lexi to Preschoolers Etc so hopefully she could go to school with friends that she would go to Elementary school with. LOL, no such luck, Payten also lives down the street but permits to another school. The boundary change moved Tanner to another school and Martie goes to a Charter school. Oh well, she made lots of good friends this year even tho none of them will go to Elementary school with her.

In the Graduation, every child had a speaking part to memorize and then get up and say. The kids sang lots of songs, counted, and loved being the center of our attention.

I hadn't planned on (like you ever do) getting emotional, but seeing her up there on the stand made me think that she was growing up so fast! 5 and on her way to Kindergarten!  Where has the time gone, this girl has grown up while I've been watching her. So proud of her, she is a wonderful daughter, big sister, little sister and friend to everyone.








Mrs Shepherd is a wonderful teacher. She taught the kids a song about how to write the numbers, yesterday while playing outside with sidewalk chalk, Lexi wrote the numbers 1-30, I was so impressed! I didn't know she could do that.. The song sings about how a number should look. Cutest song! She also can recognize her letters (upper and lowercase) and can say the sounds. She has been practicing her handwriting and can write her name Lexi or Alexis perfectly with neat even letters, perfect spacing and in the lines. She can count to 20 in Spanish and loves to do dot to dots. She misses Mrs. Shepherd already and said she was the best teacher. She looks forward to attending Kindergarten. I have told Mrs Wilson (She is Jack's current teacher) that Lexi is very different from her brother, we shall see how she does in school. 

Our "shortened' summer vacation ends August 5 when Lexi goes to Kindergarten! 

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Lexi is definitely uniquely - well, uniquely Lexi! - what more can I say? She has so much sparkle and charisma, and she is so smart! She's going to love kindergarten. I have a feeling she'll find an entire classroom of new friends there, too!

Seth and Julie said...

Chloe's Kindergarten graduation is next week and I don't think I will be emotional. In fact, I think the whole thing is a bit silly, BUT she is the baby and it is my last Kinder graduation so even though I have always found it silly, it might make me sad to pass this milestone for the last time. Bummer about the shortened summer!