Makinzee assigned this post to me because I came up with it, and I think it's an interesting story, if I do say so myself.
The name actually started out as a bit of a joke shortly after Maddy was born. Friends and family were gently asking about the next baby. At about the same time, I was musing about nicknames. Maddy got her name (and nickname) because Makinzee said "Maddy loves Daddy" and my heart melted. It wasn't much after that when I realized that a nickname variant for Michael is Mick (in Australia), a nickname for Makinzee is Mak, and that running the three together as MickMackMaddy to create a rhyme to Nick Knack Paddy Whack... When I joked about our next child being a boy, Jack became a natural jest to finish the rhyme. It wasn't until after we were actually pregnant with our little boy that Makinzee picked out the name Jack in honor of her Grandpa Jack. After that, the rhyme was complete and the rest is electronic history.
Ok, sorry for the boring story.
5 comments:
oh I love your blog name! So fun!!
Not boring. Cute. Of course, I knew it before, but have always loved the way the names go together.
Comment on Post #1 which I missed yesterday and just saw, and tried to comment there but it won't let me for some reason, so now I'm commenting here.....
I didn't know you don't like chocolate. It used to not be at the top of my list, too, but lately I've become addicted. Thinking about taking you up on your challenge, still. But I'm so looking forward to your posts each day.
I like your blog name. How fun that you can do that with your names. I remember when Lexi was born and I wondered how you would incorporate her into the title.
Good job Mike for making an appearance on the blog! Bill has yet to ever make an appearance (let alone even check it)!! Love the name! Super cute & clever!!
Post a Comment