Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 4- A habit I wish I didn't have

Hmmm, this is a tough one to narrow down to just one habit!

How 'bout a picker-no not at the DI and no not a nose picker (although my little guy has developed this habit recently and then sticks the finger in his mouth-yikes I'll go back to nail biting any day over that) rather I love to pick at things. Mostly hairs that are growing in places they shouldn't grow or be period. I also love picking at zits and even those that aren't mine. Technically you aren't supposed to pop zits because it makes more but I just can't handle them awaiting to explode! I know somewhere I have a picture of me going away at Brody's back when we were in Mexico. I am constantly picking at my cuticles and making sure I can see that moon. I heard somewhere that means you have healthy fingernails when you can see the moon, Mike is grateful we have kids during Sacrament meeting to occupy my hands. That is where I use to push his back. My kids don't quite understand what I'm doing either when I push their skin back. And I also pick at foods, usually just to get a taste and then I can't stop myself and usually stop picking when I've consumed it all! I am not the world's greatest seamstress either so whenever I decide to sew I usually have to pick the stitch I just sewed. I use to be a picky eater. I hated to eat chicken, and didn't care for chocolate and cherry flavoring reminds me of cough syrup and so far those all start with "ch" guess I'll stop there. So therefore a picker is a habit I have!

7 comments:

staci said...

Love it! I'm a picker too! Totally pick at my fingers too. Sometimes so much that I pick too much and it bleeds. Ya, I suck. Love to pick at my hairs & zits too!!

Still don't get why I never knew your dislike of chocolate! What is that? Do you mind me asking why? Did you eat it one time & got sick from it or something? I remember one time when I was little I was at a sleepover (at Misti McSwains) and we had mac 'n cheese for dinner & I threw up later that night, so ever since then I have never been a huge fan of mac 'n cheese. I just can't imagine not liking chocolate. Is it that you don't like it, so you never eat it? Or you just don't love it, but will eat it when it is in or on something? No chocolate cake for you??? No chocolate chip cookies? No chocolate covered strawberries? No candy bars?? Twix? Kit Kat??? I'm baffled!! :)

ps-we for sure see eye to eye on the cherry flavored anything. Yuck!

Emily said...

I am your twin in that. I pick at pretty much anything too! I use to pick at Branch's zits too but he won't let me anymore. I could have nice skin if I didn't pick at my face and I have horrible fingers because of picking at hangnails. I actually watched a show once were a lady did picked too, but to the WAY EXTREME and it freaked me out because picking is actually a form of OCD. Great...

I also don't like cherry flavored anything, especially cherry flavored chocolate. I think it taste like puke...anyway..

Ann Marie said...

Not a DI picker? hahahaha

I am a true picker through the yard sale/DI way.. and I pick my hair ( split ends ) but other than that.. it's all Chad's job. He loves it.. and so do all of his family. :)

PS: Don't EVER look at my nails.
Biter.. and I'm not sure I have even seen a moon? :(

Unknown said...

Oh I eat the chocolate just don't love it. Naw to chocolate cake and brownies, prefer oatmeal cookies and skittles or licorish. And I do have a favorite candy bar-butterfinger! I love peanut butter in just about anything except peanut butter cookies. Go figure!

Julie L said...

This is cute. You are a picker - you pick out great coordinated clothes for your family, and darling decorations for your house. You pick out all the weeds from the gardens so your yard always looks great. You pick up and pick up and pick up - what mother doesn't? You picked a pretty neat guy (I think) for a husband. I'm not really sure it's a habit you should not want.

Anonymous said...

Mom, you're corny.

Seth and Julie said...

You seriously pick other people's zits? Eek! I admit that I do pick at my kids though. Ever since they were born I would be nursing them and picking at cradle cap or ear wax, like a momma monkey.