It's hard to believe 6 years ago they moved to Arizona for Toby's work. That following Spring we moved to Boise. We have kept in touch via email and letters and phone calls and kids and whenever we were both in Utah at the same time, we'd see each other. Sometimes I specifically came to Utah just because she was in town. And a couple days before Christmas our great friends came to see us! I know how much time you have when you are in town for the holidays and am so grateful they spent a WHOLE night with us! We ate dinner and then sent the kids to play. They all had a great time. Becky and I for see college many years down the line and our kids getting together. After all that's where Becky and I met. It was fun to play Settler's, we haven't forever, although Mike said it went really slow because Becky and I were talking too much and didn't realize it was our turn. But we didn't care, we were so glad to see each other. Here's Becky with Jack and Isaac.
Here's Isaac, Toby, Becky and Jonathan. Jonathan didn't want to leave and was pulling faces because he wanted to stay and play.
It was so fun having them over, we've decided to go and see them one of these days too. I promise I'll get there.

For a couple days, we puppy sat a cute little English bulldog which we named Kobe. My brother Chad and his wife Anna just had 6 cute puppies. This one was going to a family but they wanted it to arrive on Christmas morning, so we watched it til Christmas Eve.
(PS if anyone wants one he still has 2 looking for homes).
Someone in particular feel in love with it. Here she is in Kobe's cage.

Mike even enjoyed playing with him. Although we decided we are not puppy ready. He did have 2 accidents in the house and was chewing on just about anything he could including our pant legs and my coffee table legs. Maybe one day we'll get a puppy, I'm currently taking care of 4 other's and don't want one more to wait on.

Christmas Eve fast approached. Maddy and Jack headed to Logan to enjoy the Eyre family Christmas party while I stayed home and did some last minute baking. We all meet up at the Price's Christmas Eve party later that night. Our family is so big, we have to hold the party at a church. Not sure how many were at the party, but at least 75. And that's probably only 1/2. Dinner was delish, we enjoyed soup and salads and desserts and I ate way too much.
For a couple days, we puppy sat a cute little English bulldog which we named Kobe. My brother Chad and his wife Anna just had 6 cute puppies. This one was going to a family but they wanted it to arrive on Christmas morning, so we watched it til Christmas Eve.
(PS if anyone wants one he still has 2 looking for homes).
Someone in particular feel in love with it. Here she is in Kobe's cage.
Christmas Eve fast approached. Maddy and Jack headed to Logan to enjoy the Eyre family Christmas party while I stayed home and did some last minute baking. We all meet up at the Price's Christmas Eve party later that night. Our family is so big, we have to hold the party at a church. Not sure how many were at the party, but at least 75. And that's probably only 1/2. Dinner was delish, we enjoyed soup and salads and desserts and I ate way too much.
We started singing Christmas carols and then the jolly old fellow came to see us!
Maddy's name was called 2nd. She popped right up and told him what was on her list. No fears today!
Shortly after Lexi's name was called. She did cry but quickly quieted after she saw a new phone.
Santa only called up the Great Grands and it took at least an hour. We thanked Grandma Price for the gifts and a great party and headed home.
We came home, sprinkled the reindeer food on the lawn, left cookies and milk for Santa and opened one gift. Christmas just wouldn't be complete without new jammies to sleep in. (Although, i just realized I haven't edited the pics yet and almost all have red eye. Sorry!)
We were especially excited to have Grampa spend the night and be there to open gifts early Christmas morning. Here he is reading Twas the night before Christmas to the kids. Good thing it was memorized, he didn't have his glasses and was hard to see the words.
And then off to bed the kids were, although they were extra excited and going to bed wasn't easy.
Christmas morning Maddy woke up first about 8:00. And took a quick peek under the tree, she quickly ran into mom and dad's room and told us that Santa left lots of presents under the tree. We told her to go wake up Jack and then they both took a peek under the tree and by that time mom, dad, Grampa P and Lexi were all coming down the stairs. And guess who had just arrived. Grandma and Grandpa L with more gifts and a camera that I'm sure got better pictures and videos then the ones we took. But here are a couple of each kid with some of their gifts.

Lexi loved all of her gifts. Especially her baby's and grocery cart! She is always putting one baby or another down for a nap, for a ride in the stroller or grocery shopping. And binky was a must have for the morning, she is a late sleeper and waking up at 8 am was way too early for her.
Jack had a one track mind and as soon as he opened his Super Mario Bro's game, that's all he wanted to do was play it. We told him he couldn't tell he opened his gifts so he quickly did and then played and played and played. He was happy. He also got a race track, trio's (lego like block), clothes, new socks, and a dinosaur building and digging all in a box.
Maddy loves her walking kitty and of course all her little pet shops. She read all of her new books to Jack and Lexi so I guess she enjoyed those. She got a pink VW bug and 3 barbies. She was concerned she asked for a "doll" from Santa and I told her she did she got 3 barbie DOLLS. She later decided that was just fine. Her pink bug is so cute, I think I need to go play with it.
Mike got a new "small" tv for Christmas, a shop vac, socks and a new white shirt for church. Kinz got a cricut cartridge, scrapbook paper, and some sweats and knobs for all the cabinets!
Maddy was especially excited about the last gift for Christmas. She had colored a picture of baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph and passed it around for us all to remember the reason for the season. I thought it was a great reminder. We all enjoyed a wonderful day full of gifts.
Shortly after the gifts were all open, G&G L left for breakfast at Tonya's and we headed to brunch at Great Grandma Price's for Egg's Golden Rod and homemade hot chocolate. Mike doesn't think it's Christmas breakfast (he grew up with pancakes) but was a good sport and enjoyed breakfast anyway. We ate way to much and headed home for naps and gift playing. Then headed to Lehi and enjoyed a fantastic feast with more grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles and friends and more gifts and of course dessert!
We headed home late and we all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas close to family. This was a first Christmas in Utah for us and one we will always remember!
And 3 days later after all the unwrapping and giving and eating...it's a big day at our house. The night before I started celebrating early at dinner with 3 great friends. Crazy to think but I haven't seen Staci since Maddy's baby shower and Shalee and Barbara probably since Staci's wedding, only 11.5 years ago. We have seen each other via FB. It was so fun getting together, Staci vowed to get us all at the next reunion and crazy to hear it's already been 15 years since that day. 5 more years, maybe I'll go next time. We'll see.
Back to the big day, my hood friends treated me to lunch at Olive Garden. Cute Ann, let me be princess for a day.

Kami, Cami, Ann, Makinzee, Camille, Emily, Rachel, Ali, Kelli and baby Sophie, Clairesse
She invited all my friends to eat lunch with me, gave me this cute crown, feed me, and had everyone tell something they loved about me. Ahhh, a girl knows how to make a girl feel loved. This was just the icing on the cake. I did wear my crown all day. My girls were a little jealous of it, I think it's a great tradition and can't wait to get one for someone else to wear. Anyway back to my day, I did a little shopping for myself, after all it's my big day and one only gets one a year. I returned home and enjoyed the afternoon visiting with my cousins Bridget and Chelsea. I love living close to family for spur of the moment get together's. Neither knew it was my big day but came to say hi anyway and then helped me celebrate by doing absolutely nothing!!
Mike came home a little early and we headed to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Due to poor miscommunication, my dad didn't meet up with us (sorry dad still feel bad about that). Dinner was great, the kids were hungry and sat at the table most of the meal. The waiters did get up dance for us and then instead of singing happy birthday to me and giving me a free piece of cake they embarrassed me and put wings on me and gave me a wand and made me dance and sing in a circle singing "I'm a pretty pretty princess." I swore to Mike he'd be very sorry if he ever posted that video on youtube. We headed home and had cake!
She invited all my friends to eat lunch with me, gave me this cute crown, feed me, and had everyone tell something they loved about me. Ahhh, a girl knows how to make a girl feel loved. This was just the icing on the cake. I did wear my crown all day. My girls were a little jealous of it, I think it's a great tradition and can't wait to get one for someone else to wear. Anyway back to my day, I did a little shopping for myself, after all it's my big day and one only gets one a year. I returned home and enjoyed the afternoon visiting with my cousins Bridget and Chelsea. I love living close to family for spur of the moment get together's. Neither knew it was my big day but came to say hi anyway and then helped me celebrate by doing absolutely nothing!!
Mike came home a little early and we headed to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Due to poor miscommunication, my dad didn't meet up with us (sorry dad still feel bad about that). Dinner was great, the kids were hungry and sat at the table most of the meal. The waiters did get up dance for us and then instead of singing happy birthday to me and giving me a free piece of cake they embarrassed me and put wings on me and gave me a wand and made me dance and sing in a circle singing "I'm a pretty pretty princess." I swore to Mike he'd be very sorry if he ever posted that video on youtube. We headed home and had cake!
Mike secretly made the cake, Maddy frosted it, Jack sprinkled it and Lexi licked the spoon.
Lexi was a little obsessed with the candles. Next one is better but blurry.
And that's a wrap! New Year's Eve still to come and I'm still making New Year's Resolutions.
9 comments:
Wow- that's quite the catch up! You've been busy. Glad your family had a great Christmas.
P.S. it makes Lexi look older when you pull her bangs to the side, I noticed that at church today. Cute. Love her in the doggy cage.
I loved seeing the pictures of you and Becky!! How fun!!
Happy Late Birthday! I know you told me once that you and Chloe share a b-day but every year I forget and then remember when you post about it. Sounds like it was a good day and a good year. Here's to more of the same in 2011, only without all the job drama.
Looks like you guys had a fun and successful Christmas/Birthday/New Years!! You posted some fun pictures! And aren't college friends the best? I love those friends that you stay super close to even if you rarely get to see them in person- that connection is awesome. And I'm glad other people name their parent's houses too. :)
Fun recap of a very busy week. Thanks for letting us in on a bit of the gift opening. Promise I'll get pictures posted soon. It's just been kind of crazy.
We felt so bad we missed celebrating your birthday with you in person. Here you are in Utah now, and we still managed to miss it. Looks like you had a very fun day, though. I'm so glad for that! Love you, Makinzee!
LOVED reading about your Christmas.. time spent with friends.. and birthday fun. :)
It is funny that the plate is over your head in the picture. haha..
Love you and grateful you live close by.. :)
Oops! Santa had a mishap! That was sweet of Jarom. And, cute pictures!
It was so great to spend so much time with you! Thank you for having us over, we all had so much fun! I am so grateful to call you my friend! Does Lexi miss the puppy?! She is so funny! Miss you!
So fun getting together! You are beautiful my friend! We really need to get together more often! Let's not let it be another 6+ years before we get together again k?? Maybe next time with the hubbies? Bill & Mike would get along great - both U & SF Giants fans!! :) Come south and visit anytime!!
xoxo
Post a Comment