Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prez Day Quiz Answers

If you still want to take the test. Go here



1. Who had the shortest Presidency and why?
1. William Henry Harrison. Why? Because it was rainy and cold when gave his two hour inauguration address and he caught pneumonia and died one month later to the day.
2. What two Presidents died on the same day?
2. Thomas Jefferson & John Adams
3. What day was it? Give the date and the year?
3. July 4, 1826
4. What President died exactly five years later to the day?
4. James Madison
5. What President invented the dumb waiter?
5. Thomas Jefferson
6. Which President has a middle name the same as one of Santa’s reindeer?
6. Gerald Rudolph Ford
7. What two Presidents have first or middle names of either Thomas or Jefferson?
7. Thomas Woodrow Wilson & William Jefferson Clinton
8. Who was the only President to get married while he was President?
8. Grover Cleveland
9. Who was the heaviest President?
9. William Howard Taft. He weighed 300 lbs. and once got stuck in the bath tub in
the White House. He was also the first President to throw out the first pitch on
the opening day of baseball season.
10. Who is the only President to serve two non-consecutive terms?
10. Grover Cleveland. Benjamin Harrison was in between Cleveland’s two terms.
11. Who became President at the youngest age?
11. Theodore Roosevelt--42
12. Who was the youngest elected President?
12. John F. Kennedy--43
13. What is the most common first name of our 44 Presidents?
13. James (Madison, Monroe, Polk, Buchanan, Garfield, Carter)
14. Which President later served as Chief Justice of the United States?
14. William Howard Taft
15. Which President is pictured on the $100,000 bill?
15. Woodrow Wilson
16. Who is the only President who was never elected either President or Vice President?
16. Gerald Ford
17. Which President made a phone call to the moon? (And someone answered)
17. Richard Nixon
18. What President played baseball on his school’s College World Series winning
team?
18. George Herbert Walker Bush—1948
19. What President once owned a major league baseball team?
19. George Walker Bush—Texas Rangers, of course
20. What President was on his high school swim team, a broadcaster for the Chicago Cubs, a spokesman for General Electric, head of a labor union and served two terms as a state governor?
20. Ronald Reagan
Bonus Question: There have been two Presidents who were either a Jr. or the II.
Name them.
Bonus- James Earl Carter, Jr. and Barack Hussien Obama II

Grams is the winner with 7 correct. Camille~very impressive and way to go Julie. The girl who I read this quiz from baked some bread to the winner, so I owe you a loaf of bread when you get back to town Grams. Thanks for those who participated and esp AnneBabe for letting me borrow her idea (ok I really stole it).

3 comments:

staci said...

I told my friend Anne that you did the quiz on your blog too. Be looking for a comment from her.... :)

annebabe said...

come over anytime!! love the blog sharing/stealing, its all good. :) glad you enjoyed the quiz. I noticed you live in Boise. Are you from Idaho? I'm from Pocatello and my husband's from Twin Falls.

Seth and Julie said...

Oh man, I knew even less than I thought I did. Oh well!