Happy President's Day! For us, we are off to celebrate with no work, no school, no dance and no rules. We are gonna enjoy the day the Presidents have given us to celebrate them, why, not really sure but thanks for the holiday (with pay I might add).
However, I was blog surfing and found this quiz. I myself do not know any of the answers without looking them up. How many can you answer? She (don't even know her although I look at her blog occasionally) will post the answers and when she does, I'll let you also know the answers!
Happy Pres Day. PS I was telling Jack about the so called holiday and asked him if he knew who the President of the United States was. Nope. So we learned that Obama is the President. He said "that's a funny name, Obama." We'll see if he remembers tomorrow!
Presidential Quiz
1. Who had the shortest Presidency and why?
2. What two Presidents died on the same day?
3. What day was it? Give the date and the year.
4. What President died exactly five years later to the day?
5. What President invented the dumb waiter?
6. Which President has a middle name the same as one of Santa’s reindeer?
7. What two Presidents have first or middle names of either Thomas or Jefferson?
Exclude Thomas Jefferson
8. Who was the only President to get married while he was President?
9. Who was the heaviest President?
10. Who is the only President to serve two non-consecutive terms?
11. Who became President at the youngest age?
12. Who was the youngest elected President?
13. What is the most common first name of our 44 Presidents?
14. Which President later served as Chief Justice of the United States?
15. Which President is pictured on the $100,000 bill?
16. Who is the only President who was never elected either President or Vice
President?
17. Which President made a phone call to the moon? (And someone answered)
18. What President played baseball on his school’s College World Series winning
team?
19. What President once owned a major league baseball team?
20. What President was on his high school swim team, a broadcaster for the Chicago Cubs, a spokesman for General Electric, head of a labor union and served two terms as a state governor?
Bonus Question: There have been two Presidents who were either a Jr. or the II.
Name them.
6 comments:
Yay for presidents day. I hope you guys have fun, and that quiz is hard. I gave up.
Those are hard questions! I know some of them were ones Heather had to learn for her Knowledge Bowl - hence I learned them as well - but that was so long ago they've flown from my brain cells. I think Kennedy was the youngest elected president, but has Obama taken over that spot? Great quiz! You have a fun day tomorrow! Wish I had it off and could go with you.
I know where you got this quiz!!!!!! :) I am clueless on the answers too!! Apparently I need to take history again!! I think I know #19 - George W. Bush. He used to own the Texas Rangers. Other than that, I have no clue.
Happy President's Day! Hope you have a fun, relaxing day with the hubs & kiddies!
I just finished reading John Adams, so a few of the answers are fresh in my mind- especially that he and Thomas Jefferson passed away hours apart on the 4th of July (on the 50th celebration of it). And his son was also President in his lifetime.
And I know one of the presidents was only in office for 21 days or something, because he got pnemonia during his inauguration.
Pretty interesting! enjoy the day off!
`
I think I know a few, but I am not a history buff. President Clinton's middle name is Jefferson. I think Taft was the heavy one who couldn't fit in the tub? Obama is the youngest elected President. My guess for common first name was William or George but I looked that one up since I wasn't sure and found that it was James. Oh well. And that is all I know. I think I will look the others up though to celebrate the day since we DO NOT have the day off of school or work. We don't get MLK day off either. Lame, right?
Post a Comment