Dear Dad,
Happy Birthday! Thinking of you especially this week after all it is the week of LOVE and the week of you and of course Presidents Day which is you because you are the President.
I love you. Here are some things I especially love about you: your humour, your sarcasm, your temper, your stubbornness, your compliments, your willingness to help whenever asked, your love of the Savior, your love of your children, your love of your grandchildren and willingness to play Mario Brothers over and over and over again, the love you have for your family especially your mom and brothers and sisters for that matter, your passions, your strengths and weaknesses, your determination to do something, helping me develop my talents like playing basketball in the barn with me, coming to ALL of my games be it soccer, softball, basketball or even a dance recital or too, making sure I always feel special and especially that you make me feel loved. I love our relationship, you let me talk and just listen (taken a lot of practice I know), I love being there for you too. Thanks for everything, I cannot even begin to list everything you have given me or done for me. Thanks for being the best dad! I love you!
Love always,
Kinzee
Dear Mom,
Where do I start? While you haven't been here in person the last 26 years, I know you have been with me in spirit. Thanks for loving me and always being a part of me and a part of my days when I needed you most. I feel your love and know you are my guiding angel.
As hard as it is reading your journal, it is also comforting to read of your pain and sorrow, your testimony, the ups and downs when you were sick and your memories. I love having it, I'm not sure who it was intended for but it has taught me the importance of keeping a journal-which I am not that good at doing it has been at least since Christmas since my last entry. Thank you for writing it. I keep it as a part of my memories of you.
Thank you for being my guardian angel and watching over my 3 precious children before they came to this earth. Like you, I love being a mother. I love being taught by them, I love watching them learn and grow, and I love teaching them. If there are any others you are watching over please let me know, right now I think 3 is a great number.
I miss being able to talk to you in person and hear your responses, I miss the sound of your voice, I miss being able to call you when I need something or need someone to talk to, I miss being able to spend time with you and I miss having you here on earth. I miss you more then words can say. I know you are watching over me and leading me and helping me along the way. Thank you for being my mother. I love you.
Miss you,
Kinzee
6 comments:
Makinzee, I feel like a peeping tom reading these letters, but they are so sweet. I am so grateful for both your parents and the way you've been raised. One day I hope to thank your Mom in person. I never knew her, but I still miss her every time we have a special family event that I know she is at as well.
I also feel a little bit like a snoop reading these letters, but they are very sweet. I am so glad your mom kept a journal, and that it has allowed you to know her better through the years. It makes journaling seem more important than ever.
What beautiful letters. You have wonderful parents. Thank you for sharing and encouraging me to journal too.
Such sweet letters.. and yes.. they made me teary...
Would someone pass me a kleenex? Oh man, Kinz, I can't imagine that void, I'm sorry. :( You are amazing and it will be incredible when the day comes that you get to catch up with your mom!!! It's cool to know you do have an extra angel with you and your kids!
I found your blog from Ann's. I love the letter to your mom! It made me teary! So sweet.
You are such a great blogger that you inspire me. And I think that keeping a blog is a lot like keeping a journal, so you are doing great!
Post a Comment