Friday, December 21, 2012

Home Made Caramels

Caramel is spelled with an a in the middle, but do you say the A? I don't. Either way this is a funny story about Maddy and carmels or caramel however you want to spell it or say it!

Last week, probably Wednesday, Maddy came home and said she had a loose tooth. But it was a different tooth then the one that had been wiggly for a while. She wiggled that tooth all day Thursday and that night when eating a cookie it came out! She wrote a cute note to the tooth fairy asking for MORE gold coins. She woke up with 2 gold coins and a note from TF telling her that the tooth was extra white and clean and her wish was granted.

Saturday, we went to my cousins Bridget's house for dinner. My cousin Jana and her family also came. Bridget made won ton salad, I brought Ann's Cream of Broccoli soup and Jana brought dessert. Bridget also made some home made caramels BUT they were a little hard or chewy.

Maddy finished her dinner and bit into her carmel. She said "Mom, my tooth came out." Sure enough in her piece of caramel was her tooth. This makes 8.



 
 We all laughed at Bridget's carmels. BUT kept eating away. Home Made Carmel is YUMMY!

Jana's husband, Jerry,  was eating carmels and suddenly he said "oh no, my crown!" He really lost his crown, this give us quite the giggle. Maddy at least could cash in her tooth for some money under her pillow but poor Jerry would have to go to the dentist.

We tried to get Jack to come and take a bite. His permanent tooth is in on the bottom  but he hasn't lost the baby tooth yet. He kind of tried but really wanted to play with cousins and not eat carmels.

Gary said that's enough and threw away the rest of the carmel. Luckily Mike didn't have a bite, I'm afraid we'd be back at the dentist too!

Maddy has 4 permanent bottom teeth in and 2 "chic lets" on top with lots and lots of gaps! Maybe if she's lucky the new top 2 teeth will push her middles together. I'm afraid she'll still need a frenectomy.



This week at school Maddy received an  award in the Leader in Me assembly. She was so excited when she brought home the note that said she was chosen for "First Things First" of the 7 Highly Effective Habits.
 Mike even surprised Maddy and took work off early so he could come and listen.
 Maddy works hard. She always puts forth her best effort and makes sure her important work is finished first. Maddy is always smiling and looking for ways to help her friends and peers. She knows what it means to put first things first. Super work Maddy! Miss Juarez

Becca, Sierra, Ianella and Maddy
were all awarded Put First Things First Award
Maddy & Miss Juarez
 
I applaud teachers, I volunteer in Maddy & Jack's classrooms twice a month for 2 hours and do whatever the teacher needs me to do. The teachers are wonderful. They teach, they discipline, they even have to babysit a few. It is a hard job! I'm very grateful for wonderful teachers and a wonderful school.
 
My prayers still go out to those at Sandy Nook. I cannot fathom the hurt, sorrow, loss, sadness, mourning and my list goes on and on. Miss Juarez told her class that she would protect her class from danger. I know these teachers love their class like their own kids. I'm very grateful for that.
 
After the awards, the whole 2nd grade practiced their songs for the Christmas show to be held the following day.  It was so fun to listen to them sing. It is also a delight to listen to Maddy & Jack sing the songs at home. I remember doing this at school and loved it! In fact, whenever I hear the Rudolph song I think back to 3rd grade when I sang it then. One more thing I'm so grateful for MUSIC!
Christmas is 4 days. Are you ready?
I got the last of my shopping yesterday done, just need to hit the grocery store.
yay!!
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike was telling me about your caramel experience at church. WOW!!!! Congrats on Maddy getting an award. It is cool, as always, to see Aaron in your award pictures. :)

Julie L said...

That is such a fun story to add to your collection of family history! Can't wait to see our double gap girl this morning!

Seth and Julie said...

Wow, those caramels (wth a silent a of course) were no joke but like you said, at least Maddy made some money off of hers...and your kids are cleaning up on those effective habit awards.